Last Updated on
Best bunny food? Hurray! we have done some great research and found many best products which can improve your rabbit health.
Personally, I just love to keep small pets, and among them, bunnies are my favorites.
These cute and adorable animals always can pamper you day with giggly-happy activities.
To keep rabbits seems easy as they are small pets to still tricky as needs special precaution care if you are that so keen to keep bunnies that you need research a bit before buying them.
Do you know these cute and adorable pets have a healthy life span of ten years which is like worth more to cherish?
But today I would like to explore about Best Bunny Foods and how diet plays a vital role in these pet’s life as well.
In this article, I will highlight the type of bunny’s food, its nutritional value.
Do you know that rabbits can eat hay, natural grazing, and fruits? Even they can easily chew dry foods and also love to have some occasional treats.
You rabbit breed, and its size will also help you to get right kind bunny food. Let’s scroll and know more about the same.
- 1 Natural Ingredients Rabbit Needs
- 2 Customer Picks: Our 5 Best Bunny Food Brand Reviews 2019
- 3 Top Rated Best Rabbit Food List
- 4 Best Bunny Food for Baby Rabbits
- 5 List of Kaytee Rabbit Food
- 6 List of Best Bunny Food Pellets
- 7 Best Adult Bunny Food
- 8 List of Bunny Food Hay
- 8.1 FarmerDavePetSupply First Cut Timothy Hay, Rabbit, and Bunny Hay
- 8.2 FarmerDavePetSupply First Cut Orchard Grass Hay, Rabbit, and Bunny Hay
- 8.3 FarmerDavePetSupply 3 Lb Second Cut Timothy Hay, Bunny Hay
- 8.4 FarmerDavePetSupply 3 Lb First Cut Timothy Hay, Rabbit, and Bunny Hay
- 8.5 FarmerDavePetSupply 15 lb 1st Cut Timothy WITH CLOVER Hay, Rabbit, and Bunny Hay
- 8.6 FarmerDavePetSupply 15 Lb Second Cut Timothy Hay, Bunny Hay
- 8.7 FarmerDavePetSupply 35 Lb First Cut Timothy Hay, Rabbit, and Bunny Hay
- 9 Other Best Rabbit Treats Reviews
- 9.1 Sun Seed Rabbit (Young) Vita Plus 4 Lb
- 9.2 Hollywood Rabbits Feed, Probiotics for Digestive Health
- 9.3 Small Pet Select Food and Rabbit Starter Kit
- 9.4 Sleek & Sassy Garden Rabbit Food
- 9.5 Supreme Science VetCarePlus Urinary Tract Health for Rabbits
- 9.6 Hollywood Rabbits High Fiber Probiotics Digestive
- 9.7 Mr. Johnson’s Advance Rabbit Food – 3.3LB
- 9.8 Dogswell Purina Mills Rabbit Complete Blend 25 lb Food
Natural Ingredients Rabbit Needs
The ideal food bunnies can eat mixed grass, hay, herbs, vegetables, fruits, and dry food which actually builds the healthy and keep their daily nutritive needs complete.
The proper percentage of the rabbit’s diet should be like
- Fresh Veggies-10%-15%
- Healthy Treats-5%
- Dry Food/Pellets-5%
Grass or Hay
To provide fresh grass or hay is just difficult when you are living in the city.
But if you can get it available, then it would be more appropriate.
This dried grass is inherited with quality nutritional value.
It contains vitamins like A, D, Calcium, and other minerals/nutrients.
In fact, different varieties of hay have their own type of nutritional amount.
So it is always healthier to give mix type of grass according to the age and weight of your pet as an adult’s bunnies need fewer calories and proteins than baby bunnies.
Ideal Diet for Adult Rabbits: You can mix orchard, Timothy, oats, dried grass, meadow and Bermuda grass. Each on the small percentage for proper nutrients.
Fresh Vegetables and Herbs
These are required for pet rabbits as offers them good amount moisture content that is actually lacking in dry grass and hay.
Fresh veggies and herbs improve rabbits taste to some extent but also helps in the proper functioning of the kidney and bladder.
What I learned and experienced that 75% of the fresh food is basically always a green leafy veggie. But vegetables with low of oxalic acid are healthy ones for them.
Vegetables With Low Oxalate or Oxalic Acid
- Such vegetables such as asparagus, broccoli, romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce, Swiss greens, turnips, basil, radish, beet greens, mint chicory, cucumber leaves, carrots, Bok Choi, wheatgrass, kale and more.
Vegetables With High Oxalate or Oxalic Acid
- There are just a few of the veggies inherited with the higher amount of oxalate but there is not much of need to avoid them in rabbits’ diet, but instead, you can balance the quantity of it in a significant way.
These vegetables include spinach, mustard greens, and carrots.
According to USDA claims that you can serve 5-7 servings of fruits every day to bunnies.
Bunnies are loaded with fibers and antioxidants but also filled with natural sugars and starches.
These all nutrients are not only good Food Bunnies Can Eat but also essential as in regular diet schedule.
- Dry Foods are also required and essential part of bunnies’ diet.
- This was primarily designed for the cage and home rabbits which are bred for meat especially.
- These helps in proper bowel movement, and the ideal amount is only healthy.
- If you increase the quantity, then it can lack in fiber and overdosage can lead to severe health complications.
Types of Dry Foods Available In the Market
Mixed Foods: include dried and processed ingredients like dried vegetables. These are quite healthy then pellets or other kinds of rabbit foods.
Pellets: These are also so-called nuggets of similar size as chunks make up of dried grass or hay.
These also need to be served with ideal and caution dosage to adult or baby bunnies.
Customer Picks: Our 5 Best Bunny Food Brand Reviews 2019
Top Rated Best Rabbit Food List
As briefing about Best Bunny Foods, let me help you out in picking up the right brand food which is significantly created just for your cute and adorable rabbits. I hope my selected top 25 rabbits foods will keep your rabbit healthy and happy.
Best Bunny Food for Baby Rabbits
Burns Meadow Mix Healthy Treat for Your Rabbit
I found this Burns Meadow Mix is a natural blend of wildflowers and herbs that are actually enjoyed by rabbits, so it is a great Baby Rabbit Food.
- This provides bunny excellent support to the digestive system, bowel functioning and overall health.
- It contains no artificant additives, colour, flavours, and preservatives.
- The ingredients present in this rabbit feed Chicory, Plantain, Mint, Milfoil, Chamomile, Marigold, Nettle, Birch Tree Leaf, and Willow Bark.
- Burns product is only available to the UK and other international addresses.
50lb Bag Non-GMO Rabbit Pellets
The product from Hiland Natural’s Natural 50 Lb is a significant choice to keep bunnies healthy and happy. My baby bunny loved to guzzle this Baby Rabbit Food.
List of Kaytee Rabbit Food
25 lb Kaytee Supreme Food For Rabbit
What is so unique about this Kaytee Food for rabbits is that these are actually natural and organic seeds and grain loved by my bunny.
- This is significant, and natural seeds rabbit food which provides enough of healthy nutrients.
- These grains and seeds contain no artificial colors or flavors that can harm your cute bunny.
- The product is of high quality and maintains the ideal freshness of the food.
- It is specially formulated for rabbits of all ages.
Kaytee Fiesta Rabbit Food 6.5lb
The Kaytee is all time supportive and quality pet product and food brand I personally like for my rabbits. This is one of the Best Bunny Food that offers health.
- This Rabbit Food for My Bunny Teeth is supportive of giving dental health with natural chewing activity.
- The probiotics and prebiotics present in this rabbit food improve digestion and overall health ideally.
- It is all composed of natural fruits, veggies, in different shapes and textures improves mental stimulation as well.
- This is also enriched in natural antioxidants that provide the immune system.
Kaytee Healthy Toppings for Small Animals, Papaya
As like other pet owners I do like to buy Kaytee pet products and accessories, and you know, this Rabbit Food for My Bunny is quite sufficient to keep him happy and healthy at the same time.
- It is Tasty, highly nutritious treat that I bet your rabbit will love it.
- Kaytee is significant to treat your cute bunny with all healthy and essential supplements.
- This specific product is also ideal for other small animals such as Cockatiel, Conures, Parrots, Mice, Chinchillas, Gerbils, Hamsters, Rats, Guinea Pigs, and Rabbits.
- The significant amount per species are Cockatiel 8 pieces, Conures, Parrots 1-2 tsp, Mice 4 pieces, Chinchillas, Gerbils, Hamsters 8 pieces, Rats 1/2 tsp, Guinea Pigs 1 tsp, Rabbits 1-2 Tsp.
- Special ingredients present in this Kaytee Small animal food is dried papaya, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Yellow #6, FD&C Red #40, and FD&C Blue #2.
Kaytee Supreme Daily Rabbit Pellets
When my pet was a small bunny, and I was looking for a significant Baby Bunny Food, I got this Kaytee Supreme Food an ideal choice that will help to grow and develop in a healthy way.
List of Best Bunny Food Pellets
Kms Hayloft Alfalfa Complete Pellets for Rabbit Alfalfa Hay Pelleted Food
As is used this Kma Hayloft Alfalfa to feed my rabbit, so I consider this Baby Rabbit Food a significant choice. In fact, you can also use this wholesome feed for guinea pigs.
Rabbit bedding faqs help to get a cozy home for your pet.
Purina Show Rabbit Chow 5LB
This pelleted rabbit feed is potent as enriched with all essential nutrients. When I purchased this, I found it a right and balanced bunny meal with proteins, fibers, and other essential nutrients.
- This Purina Mills rabbit food is all composed essential nutrients that are ideal for growth, maintenance and even reproduction of bunnies in a healthy way.
- Special content of proteins, fiber, etc. makes it one of the Best Bunny Food suitable for all rabbits of any age.
- This is actually a corn-free bunny diet keep their fur and skin soft and healthy.
- The product is also composed of quality vegetable oil that plays a vital role for show and raised rabbits specifically.
Beaphar Care+ Rabbit Food 3.3lb
Beaphar Care+Rabbit Food is a proper choice. I prefer every rabbit or the small pet owner as it is an all in one pellet solution.
- This is one of the ideal Foods Bunnies Can Eat and enjoy which is a one in all pellet diet.
- Unique food is all inherited with natural and special herbs enhances the taste, smell, and flavor of the bunny treat.
- The Yucca schidigera present in the food helps in reducing the habitat foul smell and pet's feces.
- Special addition of Echinacea and Spirulina promotes good health.
Best Adult Bunny Food
American Pet Diner Timmy Rabbit Food for Adult Rabbits – 5LB
Among all pet foods which are ideal for bunnies, I personally recommend this American Pet Dinner Timmy Rabbit Food is good for Adult bunnies as a complete diet.
- It is a nutritious pellet ration food only suitable for adult bunnies or rabbits who are less active or overweight.
- This contains high fiber amount and less of protein composition that basically helps them to be healthy and reduce weight.
- That promotes health to the digestive tract of the adult and lazy bunnies as offers them higher gastrointestinal mobility.
- This rabbit product is highly palatable food for bunnies contains Yucca that naturally helps in controlling habitat odor.
- It is inherited with a sufficient amount of vitamins and minerals that promote the overall health of the bunnies.
List of Bunny Food Hay
FarmerDavePetSupply First Cut Timothy Hay, Rabbit, and Bunny Hay
As when I need to feed my cute bunny with more healthy and fiber food, I prefer to buy this FarmerDavePet Supply food as a new and nourishing treat.
- This Rabbit Food for My Bunny Teeth is highly effective and healthy.
- It is a high-quality hay crop which is actually the 1st cut.
- The hay is all grown naturally with no use of pesticides, additives, chemicals.
- It is also naturally sun and wind dried to prevent mildew and mold germination.
FarmerDavePetSupply First Cut Orchard Grass Hay, Rabbit, and Bunny Hay
Specifically, this FarmerDavePet Supply is natural bunny hay product keeps my bunny happy and healthy in many ways.
- This is all 100% naturally grown hay which is far from the use of additives, colors, chemicals, and pesticides.
- Special hay fiber stems are all of natural light green shade which prevents stasis in bunnies.
- The product is naturally dried in wind and sun to prevent unnecessary contamination.
FarmerDavePetSupply 3 Lb Second Cut Timothy Hay, Bunny Hay
This 3Lb hay by FarmerDavePet Supply is one of the significant and Best Bunny Food I found for small animals such as rabbits, guinea pigs, and chinchillas.
- This second cut leafier; Timothy hay is suitable for small and cute pets like bunnies, rats, mice, gerbils, chinchillas, guinea pigs.
- It is all naturally dried in the sun and wind to prevent foul smell, taste, and color.
- None of the pesticides and other toxic chemicals are being used which make it pet free hay for small animals.
- This is all carefully handpicked and packed in easy Hay-In-A-Box for storage.
- The hay is all natural and freshly dried rich in the ideal amount of fiber and other essential nutrients.
FarmerDavePetSupply 3 Lb First Cut Timothy Hay, Rabbit, and Bunny Hay
This high fiber hay product by FarmerDavePet Supply is actually a 3Lb first cut Food Bunnies Can Eat and enjoy healthily.
- This product is higher in fiber stemmy content which is good for bunny teeth and overall health as well.
- The hay/grass is all naturally grown which is dried in the sun and wind to prevent mold and mildew.
- It is basically a best of the best 1st cut Timothy hay available in Hay-In-A-Box by FarmerDave.
- This contains none of the unhealthy and toxic substance, like pesticides, chemicals or artificial color.
FarmerDavePetSupply 15 lb 1st Cut Timothy WITH CLOVER Hay, Rabbit, and Bunny Hay
What makes this 15 Lb FarmerDave hay stand out from other rabbit foods is the quality of it. I prefer this, and it is a complete and ideal Rabbit Food for My Bunney Teeth and overall health.
- This original and natural hay is potent bunny food that keeps them happy and healthy.
- It is all comped of naturally light green hay which is ideal in fiber content, regulates teeth health and overall health.
- As it contains no additives and pesticides so lowers the risk of stasis in bunnies.
- The hay and clover stems are naturally sun and wind dried to keep meld and pests away when stored.
- It comes from direct farms by the brand in Hay-In-A-Box.
FarmerDavePetSupply 15 Lb Second Cut Timothy Hay, Bunny Hay
For small pet owners like me, who love to keep bunnies, guinea pig, chinchilla, this FarmerDave hay is one of the Best Bunny Foods.
- The FamrmerDave fiber food is all natural and organic which is a self-sufficient diet for bunnies and other small animals.
- This quality of hay comes directly from farms in the ideal storage box.
- It is all composed of natural light green shade, no pesticides, and toxic chemicals.
- Special hay is carefully hand-picked, and hand packed which keep the original quality at prime.
- The hay is best of the 2nd cut Timothy which is significant feed for rabbits health.
FarmerDavePetSupply 35 Lb First Cut Timothy Hay, Rabbit, and Bunny Hay
FarmerDave 35Lb First Cut Timothy Hay is right Rabbit Food for My Bunny Teeth which keep my rabbit happy and healthy at the same time.
- FarmerDave 35Lb FarmerDave hay is higher in fiber, and other essential nutrients keep teeth and other body function regulated.
- This is best of the Best 1st cut Timothy hay which is 100% natural and organic.
- It contains no pesticides, additives, artificial color, and other chemicals.
- The hay is naturally dried under sun and wind that keeps mold and mildew away.
- It comes in a genuine Hay-In-A-Box from the brand itself for excellent and significant storage.
Other Best Rabbit Treats Reviews
Sun Seed Rabbit (Young) Vita Plus 4 Lb
I feel that this specific product from Sun Seed Rabbit is safe and healthy Young Bunny Food.
It is all inherited with a balanced amount of nutrients like vitamins and minerals so can be listed as one of the Best Bunny Food which helps to balance health and diet.
- This young rabbit food is highly nutritious and balanced which is also significant for breeding and lactating bunnies.
- It is all composed of high fiber, vitamins, and minerals which are required for proper growth and development of cute bunnies.
- This vita plus 4 Lb is also supportive for the digestive system, furry skin coat, and overall health.
- It is rich in pellets, hay, kinds of fruits and vegetables such as carrots, papaya, and banana, etc. which is complete bunny diet product.
Hollywood Rabbits Feed, Probiotics for Digestive Health
Among many of the Best Bunny Foods, Hollywood Rabbits Feed is worth more in quality which personally I rectify as ideal probiotic and high fiber food that keeps rabbit’s digestive health at prime.
- This bunny feed is highly nutritious and rich in vitamins, fiber, and minerals which completes the daily dietary needs of small animals such as rabbits, guinea pigs, and ferrets significantly.
- It is enriched in Omega fatty acids which benefit in the good digestive process of pets.
- The flax seed oil amount offers bunnies and other small animals healthy and shiny fur growth.
- This is one of most inclusive handcrafted rabbit feed pack with all multiple vitamins and miners with a potent amount of fiber as well.
Small Pet Select Food and Rabbit Starter Kit
What I found in this particular rabbit starter kit that it is ideal Rabbit Food for My Bunny Teeth which keep him healthy, strong and happy.
Sleek & Sassy Garden Rabbit Food
I like Sleek and Sassy brand as it one of the oldest family-owned pet company since 1983 offering healthy and balanced pet meals for bunnies, guinea pigs and other species.
- The food is all composed of 100% natural ingredients blended with #1 human grade fruits and veggies.
- This is an ideal Food Bunnies Can Eat and Enjoy as enriched with all essentials like minerals, vitamins, amino acid, and fiber.
- It is composed of no artificial color or sulfites (CO²).
- This all-natural bunny feed is also significant for guinea pigs, as keep them strong and healthy.
Supreme Science VetCarePlus Urinary Tract Health for Rabbits
This is one the great Supreme Science VetCare product rightful for bunnies suffering from urinary tract issues so is one of the Best Bunny Food. I feel that it is good to keep them healthy and boost immunity as well.
- It contains Echinacea as prime which boosts the power of the immune system in bunnies and also helps in fighting against infections.
- The composition of cranberries and blueberries in this bunny feed offers them sufficient amount of antioxidants and dandelion, promotes renal functions.
- It contains 28% of crude fiber amount, with other essential nutrients like vitamin C, etc.
- None of the artificial colors, flavors, and sugars are added in the product.
Hollywood Rabbits High Fiber Probiotics Digestive
What I liked about this is that it is a handcrafted and handpicked bunny meal which is a quality high fiber product by Hollywood Rabbits.
- The product is highly rich fiber, minerals, vitamins, and probiotics, gives overall health of the rabbits.
- This bunny meal is a significant entertainment for rabbits to be like a star.
- It gives the rabbit a complete diet within a great taste.
- Hollywood rabbits meal is hand-picked and crafted which gives it a quality value.
Mr. Johnson’s Advance Rabbit Food – 3.3LB
I guess that Mr. Johnson’s Advance Rabbit meal is a single nugget food inherited of high fiber content that supports the overall health of the bunnies.
- This is a complementary bunny treat that keeps them healthy and happy to a great extent.
- It contains all the essential nutrients that support rabbits in many ways.
- The right amount of fiber, Bio-Mos, Verm-X offers health to the gut, and intestinal health naturally.
- Johnson rabbit food does not contain artificial colors, supplements, flavors, and preservatives so have none of the harmful effects.
Dogswell Purina Mills Rabbit Complete Blend 25 lb Food
The product is branded by Dogswell which is a complete Rabbit Food for My Bunnies Teeth and overall health.
- It gives a healthy blend of all essential nutrients such as fiber, minerals, probiotics, and vitamins significantly.
- This product by Dogswell is a complete bunny diet support digestive tract functions and also the soft skin and fur.
- The bunny diet is wholesome food for rabbits of all ages.
Final Thoughts on Best Bunny Food
I’ve addressed blog about the type of natural ingredients, diet and readymade Best Bunny Foods will help you to get right kind of the natural food for rabbits.
All I discussed with essential ingredients like hay, vegetable, fruits, and other treats will help your bunny to get healthy wealthy life.
My guide on rabbit’s nutrition’s will answer all your pick-up questions, if not then also let me know about the same.
Last update on 2019-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API