Last Updated on
Your dog got an upset stomach for many reasons.
That is why choosing the best dog food for sensitive stomach and diarrhea is essential.
However, among tons of brands on the market, sorting them out is already daunting, let alone picking the best one for your little pooch.
Taking your dog to the vet is a must, but the “look after” is your business, and feeding them right is one of the most important missions to get them back to normal.
We have done the researches for you and selected the best food for dogs with a sensitive stomach. Check them out.
- 1 Best Dog Food for the Sensitive Stomach and Diarrhea Reviews
- 1.1 1. CANIDAE All Life Stages Dry Food for Dog
- 1.2 2. Blue Buffalo Basics Limited-Ingredient Dog Food
- 1.3 3. Hill’s Science Dry Food Diet for Sensitive Stomach and Skin
- 1.4 4. Nutro Natural Dry Dog Food Choice with Limited Ingredients
- 1.5 5. Purina Pro Plan Dry Food FOCUS for Sensitive Skin & Stomach
- 2 How to diagnose a dog’s sensitive stomach?
- 3 How to feed dogs with sensitive stomach and diarrhea
- 4 Does your pooch really need dog food for sensitive tummy?
- 5 Have you got the best dog food for your bow-wow homie?
Best Dog Food for the Sensitive Stomach and Diarrhea Reviews
1. CANIDAE All Life Stages Dry Food for Dog
With a selection of premium ingredients packed in every kibble, this dry dog food bag from Canidae is a trustable product to treat dogs with upset tummies.
Veterinarians formulate the recipe. Furthermore, it makes no use of problematic ingredients to aid the dog’s digestive system.
- No presence of soy, wheat, and corn. It supplies carbohydrates from brown rice and barley.
- It boosts the digestive system with probiotics for a sensitive stomach.
- The gastrointestinal dog food can feed dogs of all age. It can be sensitive stomach puppy food or regular dog food to supply to the senior time.
- It promotes skin and coat condition with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
- Some pet parents reported that the food didn’t function.
- However, every dog and his digestive system is distinctive; we shouldn’t expect the food is perfect for all cases.
- The food contains controversial elements like rice bran and tomato pomace.
- Also, it may not be suitable for dogs with a high demand for protein.
2. Blue Buffalo Basics Limited-Ingredient Dog Food
This dry dog food from Blue Buffalo is famous for its balanced and nutritious diets thanks to the use of no redundant ingredients.
It functions as the sensitive stomach dog food taking protein from a single ingredient and consisting of easily digestible carbohydrate.
- The food is able to alleviate sensitive stomachs by using oatmeal, potatoes, and brown rice.
- Other supplements come from real fruit and veggies providing vitamins and minerals.
- Natural sources of fatty acids, antioxidants, glucosamine, and chondroitin are used to fortify joint health as well as skin and coat making the food versatile in all aspects.
- The product doesn’t claim to load any probiotics which are a miss for dog food for dogs with sensitive stomachs.
3. Hill’s Science Dry Food Diet for Sensitive Stomach and Skin
Hill’s Science is a reputable label for the best dry dog food for sensitive stomach and diarrhea.
The formula is created with a supreme of ingredients aim to ease dogs’ upsetting tummies.
Besides, it handles a balanced diet sufficing nutrients for a fully healthy body along with a healthy stomach.
- It is the additives of more vitamins, minerals and amino acids promote the digestive function.
- Clinical antioxidants, vegetables, and fruits are added for more health benefits.
- The product is confident with its quality, or you can have a full refund if not satisfied.
- Chicken meal and brewer’s rice are not ideal as the first ingredients.
- Also, pea protein and soybean oil can cause allergic to some dogs. But if your dog is not reacting with these elements, the food is a great option to feed.
4. Nutro Natural Dry Dog Food Choice with Limited Ingredients
One popular type of dog food for dogs with sensitive stomachs is the food that concentrates on the highly-demanded ingredients for dogs with sensitive stomachs and diarrhea problem.
It is the lamb and brown rice that are the primary stomach-friendly ingredients boast the feature.
- Ingredients are imported from New Zealand, or Australia combined with additives of vitamins, mineral, antioxidants and omega fatty acids create an ultimate formula.
- Carbohydrates are sourced from whole brown rice and whole grain oatmeal which are safe for your pup’s stomach.
- Nutro Natural Choice is among the non-budget option but promises the effect will go well.
- However, the food includes chicken fat which can trigger allergies in susceptible puppies.
- Some ingredients like brewer’s rice, rice bran, and soybean oil are certainly not ideal.
5. Purina Pro Plan Dry Food FOCUS for Sensitive Skin & Stomach
This focused pro plan is nothing but tailored for dogs with a sensitive stomach.
The dry dog food makes use of real salmon and rice as the major source of protein that doesn’t upset your dog’s tummy.
A Formula is applied for adult dogs only but can be given to puppies with a moderate amount. The kibble size is crafted to fit pooch from 3-month-old.
- Purina Pro food contains no corn, soy, wheat, and artificial food elements.
- Moreover, it says no to by-product meal to protect your dog’s body from any side effect.
- For sensitive stomach, real salmon is used to aid the fragile membrane of the tummy. In addition, the dry food adds prebiotic fiber to extend the effect.
- The manufacturer guarantees only the highest quality ingredients are in the food bag and that defines the price. So, the product may not be affordable to some extent.
- Otherwise, there should be nothing to complain about this dry food.
How to diagnose a dog’s sensitive stomach?
There are symptoms to tell you if your dog is facing a problem with his stomach.
Nonetheless, you should pay attention to the signs. If there is any strange behavior, be alert.
Signs of sensitive stomachs in canine
If your pooch has any of the following symptoms, it is likely they are suffering a sensitive stomach that is reacting to the diet:
- Painful bowel movements
- Constantly scratching
- Loosened stools
- Itchy Ears
- Skin Rashes
- Loss of appetite
- Flatulence (gas)
- Rumbling stomach
How to feed dogs with sensitive stomach and diarrhea
When your dog shows his upsetting stomach symptoms, basically, the sickness occurs when the dog’s immune system fails to identify proteins component assuming them as allergens and initiating antibody producing.
Chances are the ailment comes from his meals. You can switch the food but don’t do that at all of a sudden. Take this honored method to give the food.
It is the so-called “elimination diet.”
The method involves cutting out heavy food for the stomach and adding digestible elements.
Veterinarians mostly advise eliminating allergy trigger ingredients first, then working way down until the symptoms are gone.
That way you can determine the best diet for your dog.
Common allergens are namely:
- Chicken, beef, lamb
You can cut out some of these components and watch if the condition goes better.
On the other hand, you can consult from a vet. But a doctor also needs to know what is in your dog’s dinner and daily meals. Be aware of that; it will as well help you to pick the right food form the shelf.
If your dog faces any allergy problem you can try out dog allergy food for a better cure.
Does your pooch really need dog food for sensitive tummy?
Yes and no. It is best to let the vet answer this question.
If you could identify the allergens that your dog is opposing to, choosing the best food would be the easiest.
Specific food for sensitive stomach supports comforting mealtimes and alleviating any suffer is certainly better regular dog food with different proportion of nutrients.
Read more: Best English Bulldog Food
On the other hand, you can serve homemade food for your little sniffer to overcome this hard time. You can select the ingredients and cook the recipe with all your love.
Only do this if you are pressed on time and be careful to pick the appropriate sources.
Have you got the best dog food for your bow-wow homie?
Your role in helping your puppy to resist the illness is absolute. This can only be done with care and ultimate affection.
After all, we just want the best for our loyal best friend; so, treating them with every love you have will ease the process critically.
We hope we have been helpful enough to support you choose the best dog food for sensitive stomach and diarrhea. We did the research carefully in hope to save your time digging the market.
Leave us any question regarding the topic. We would be happy to listen and answer.
Thanks for reading and look forward to our next posts.
Popular Other Best Dog Food Reviews
Last update on 2019-03-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API