Are you looking for Best Toys for Hedgehogs?
Hedgehogs are solitary nocturnal mammals that have bristle-like quills and soft fur underneath.
Without hedgehog toys, your pet will lack activities that can make him suffer from obesity hence failing to walk well.
Some people say that if you don’t provide a hedgehog toy for your spikey friend, he can register his boredom gesture by salivating on the paws before spreading his spits on the back.
Never confuse a hedgehog for a porcupine because the two have numerous distinct features.
Porcupines are often more giants than hedgehogs and have long, sharp spikes on their backs that they use for defense purposes when danger appears.
Learning the habits of a hedgehog can take a longer time if you don’t have hedgehog toys that throw the rodent into actions.
Remember, hedgehogs like to eat insects, a habit that gives them the foraging instinct.
In the absence of moving insects in your pet’s cage, provide hedgehog toys so that your pet can have fun.
In case you’re considering bringing to your tiny friend another hedgehog for companionship purpose, discard the idea because constant fighting will be inevitable.
The best way to keep your little happy for the less than a decade lifespan is by acquiring the best hedgehog toys.
Let’s look at the highly customer satisfied hedgehogs playing toys and their reviews.
- 1 Customer Picks: 5 Best Hedgehogs Playing Toys Review 2020
- 2 Top-Rated Toys for Hedgehogs 2020
- 3 Best Chew Toys for Hedgehogs
- 4 Best Wooden Toys for Hedgehogs
- 5 Best Puzzle Toy for Hedgehogs
- 6 Best Exercise Toys for Hedgehogs
- 7 Best Hideout Toys for Hedgehogs
- 8 Other Hedgehog’s Toys We Reviewed
- 8.1 Dahey Hedgehog Plastic Chair
- 8.2 Prevue Small Pet Playing Pen
- 8.3 Kaytee Nut Knot Knibbler
- 8.4 Kaytee Sleeper Cuddle for Hedgehog and Small Animal
- 8.5 Dahey Drinking Ceramics for Hedgehog
- 8.6 SunGrow Portable Grass Bed
- 8.7 Niteangel 4-Pack Safe Toy for Small Animals
- 8.8 Rainbow Play Bridge for Small Animal
- 8.9 Kaytee Crinkle Tunnel
- 8.10 Kaytee Critter Cruiser Small Animal Toy
- 9 FAQs on Hedgehog’s Toys
- 9.1 Can hedgehogs play with toys?
- 9.2 What are good hedgehog toys?
- 9.3 Can hedgehogs use other animal’s old cage?
- 9.4 Can hedgehogs be active during the day?
- 9.5 Do hedgehogs fair well with other hedgehogs?
- 9.6 Do hedgehogs get along with other pets?
- 9.7 How do I play with my hedgehog?
- 9.8 Can my children play with the hedgehogs?
- 10 Final Words
Customer Picks: 5 Best Hedgehogs Playing Toys Review 2020
Here are 25 best hedgehog toys that you can buy for your lonely hedgehog;
Top-Rated Toys for Hedgehogs 2020
Best Chew Toys for Hedgehogs
Ware Barrel Roller Wooden Chew for Small Pets
The expertly made toy for small pets has begun attracting the attention of many pet parents following due to the review it gets on Amazon.
The toy ensures that your pet exercises well and gets enough fun-time.
The rolling ball makes your small pet engaged in healthy activities thus eliminating chances of obesity.
Since the hedgehog toy is made of natural wood, the pet can chew to trim teeth without incidences of poisoning occurring.
The safety of the toy is enhanced with USDA approving the food colors in use.
The toy is not only good for hedgehogs, but also other small animals like rabbits, hamsters, and sugar gliders.
Emours Willow Branch Rattan Balls Chew Toys for Small Animals
Life in the cage can be annoying sometimes for your pet, and without holistic toys, the pet may feel that he is receiving some punishments.
The natural willow branches are in use to make hedgehog exercise balls that satisfy the various need of your pet.
The five balls are 100% made by human hands hence making them safe for use.
With these sketchy balls that almost resemble nests of wild doves, your pet stands a chance to grow physically and mentally healthy.
The balls encourage your pet to chew more thus promoting the healthy growth of teeth and lowering boredom in a cage.
The balls may seem simple, but they’re all your pet needs for nibbling, pushing, and nudging to create fun in its solitary world.
SunGrow Coconut Fiber Ball-Natural Chew Toy
The ball looks like the ones we used to play with during our deprived childhood, but the difference is that this hedgehog exercise ball has passed safety tests.
This ball is friendlier to the environment given that materials in use are biodegradable unlike other plastic and artificial toys.
The ball is made of coconut fiber; a material that satisfies your pet’s chewing needs. The lightweight ball enables your hedgehog to reduce the level of anxiety that comes with boredom.
Also, the ball helps in minimizing incidences of obesity.
Now you know what your pet needs for the healthy growth of his teeth that also conserves our nature.
Hamiledyi Hamster Bridge Chew Toy
The pet toy was initially made with hamsters in mind, but as time goes, the toy can now serve other pets including hedgehog perfectly well.
The pet toys are two in a single purchase that consists of two wooden bridges that are bendable.
These two bridges offer a great chewing experience to the pet thus helping in ensuring that your pet grows healthy teeth.
Under the bridges creates a hiding place for the solitary animal especially during the day.
The hedgehog toy can be dumpy and with mold at the buying time, but that shouldn’t worry you as the toy is 100% made of wood.
At that time it can also be dirty, you just need to wash it or boil with hot water before giving it to the pet.
Best Wooden Toys for Hedgehogs
Keersi Climbing Ladder Wooden Toy
Keersi manufacturers have been busy building outstanding products for perching pets, but this toy shows that they have concern for rodents too.
The ladder has numerous colors that can entice any pet to begin playing.
After playing, your hedgehog won’t go far away for relaxation because the best hedgehog toy has catered for the resting activity.
Climbing the ladder, hiding under it, and then runs your pet makes help in driving away boredom hence granting the solitary mammal a happy life.
Exercising is equally good for ensuring that the pet doesn’t suffer from obesity.
The toy isn’t only ideal for hedgehogs, but it also entertains small animals like squirrels, rats, and hamsters.
Wooden Swing and Ladder Set for Small animals
Other rodents will enjoy having this toy than your hedgehog, but at least the plaything has a section that your friend with a furry belly likes.
While other small animals like toys that allow them to swing and climb high, hedgehogs like where they can get saw-dusts and an enclosure to hide.
I don’t know about your favorite color, but I must admit that the toy offers more to your pet than the pink color painted on it.
The pink color shouldn’t confuse you that the toy is for female pet parents or female pets.
The natural wooden material and non-toxic color guarantee your pet safe chewing.
Another massive advantage is that the toy has features that allow for a quick attachment to the cage.
Other pets that use this toy include are mice, hamsters, and pet rats.
JanYoo Exercise Molar Wooden for Teeth Small Pets
What more joy can you give your pet than to pay once and get seven pieces of toys?
The seven sets of hedgehog toys offer your pet with several options for exercising.
Also, the pet’s teeth won’t grow to undesirable length as the wood toys present the chewing opportunity.
Litewood Natural Wooden Climbing Ladder
Another way to improve the entertainment level in your pet’s cage is when you buy this adorable hedgehog toy.
The pet likes to stay at an elevated point, and the easy to install pet toy provides a great opportunity to play and exercise.
This toy can serve other pets like hamsters, gerbils, and pet rats.
The toy is made of non-toxic natural wood that your pet can safely gnaw to put the teeth in the right shape.
Besides, the natural wood used in the hedgehog toy is free from odor and easy to clean.
What other way can you improve the aesthetic condition of your pet’s cage?
NiteAngel Natural Wooden Tunnel Tube Toy
Hedgehogs mainly have wood remains as the natural cover on the cages of their floors, so adding the wooden tunnel will grant your pet almost his natural habitat.
The wooden hedgehog toy has a tunnel and other holes that encourage the pet to exploit his cage.
After the pet is done with the exercise, he has another opportunity to chew from the natural wood hence keeping his teeth in the right shape.
Adding some pet treats in arguably one of the best hedgehog toys will make the pet more active.
The fantastic product from NiteAngel is also ideal for other pets like rabbits, gerbils, and hamsters.
Best Puzzle Toy for Hedgehogs
Kaytee Puzzle Playground for Hedgehogs
For the mental and physical growth of your pet, you need to acquire this play unit.
The playground puzzle presents to the hedgehog various challenges that require a solution thus encouraging mental growth.
The aforementioned nesting instinct and hiding habit of your pet will go high thus allowing you to enjoy watching.
The toy provides for expansion and more connectivity hence improving fun for the prickle animal.
No products found.
Best Exercise Toys for Hedgehogs
Lee’s Knitter Krawler Jumbo Exercise Ball
The pet must have been confined in the cage, but that shouldn’t restrict the movement of your hedgehog within the playing section. The hedgehog exercise ball enables your pet to explore thus learning things that surround him.
This ball has a diameter of 10-inches, so ideal for other animals like guinea pigs, hamsters, and exotic rats.
The ball is made of shatter-resistant plastic for durability and easy washing.
The availability of several ribs on the ball empowers the gripping capability of your pet hence taking control of the exercise ball easy.
Read More for Best Turtle Tanks
Wheeky Treat Ball Toy for Hedgehogs
The hedgehog toy will provide your prickly pet with physical exercise and mental stimulation as he chases the colorful hedgehog exercise ball in the cage.
Hedgehogs are also known for their habit of trying to explore their habitat, and the yellow hedgehog exercise ball grants your pet a full adventure.
- The exercise ball is one of the best hedgehog toys given that its use is 100% proven in the USA.
- Ideal for the elimination of boredom in other small animals like pet rats, hamsters, and rabbits.
- The ball is designed for easy pushing and pulling hence exploiting the pet’s foraging ability.
- It’s made in the conspicuous yellow color with carrots and oranges decorations to attract the attention of the nocturnal pet.
- The adjustable treat opening allows you to insert dried herbs, fruits, and kibbles.
- Package: two sizes including 7 inches and 2.8 inches.
- Color: bright yellow with fruit decorations.
- Rating: 4.5 out of 5-star rating.
Kaytee Mega Run About Hedgehog Exercise Ball
The plate-like hedgehog toy creates a great playground for the nocturnal pet even in the daytime. It enables a secure environment that can make your pet stay engaged while still busy with other chores.
- A small exercise ball.
- A large wheel.
- Engaging features to keep enticing the pet.
- An extensive area for exercise.
- Also ideal for mice, rabbits, and pet rats.
- A controlled environment improves the pet’s safety.
- Dimensions: 13 by 13.6 by 14.5 inches.
- Shipping weight: 2.6 pounds.
- Model Number: 100079360.
Best Hideout Toys for Hedgehogs
Kaytee Igloo Hideout Large Hedgehog Toy
Hedgehog is a nocturnal animal that will spend most part of the day hiding, so this hedgehog toy is ideal for making your pet to preserve his instinct.
The housing toy comes in various attractive colors to add the aesthetic value of your pet’s cage. Besides, the toy encourages the habit of nesting in hedgehogs.
Are you wondering why this hedgehog toy is called igloo while your pet isn’t an Eskimo? Well, the nesting toy has the same appearance as the houses found in Tundra Desert.
- The toy comes in four packages including Mini, Large, and Giant.
- It comes in various colors hence giving you a chance to select your preference.
- No assembling since the toy exists in a single construction.
- Stain-resistant material is thus easy to clean.
- Durable plastic material.
- The material is translucent hence allowing you to see the pet.
- The toy is also ideal for other small pets like mice, gerbils, and pet rats.
- Product dimensions: 12.2 by 10.2 by 6.5 inches.
- Weight: 8.8 ounces.
- Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Prevue Hendryx Hideaway Grass Hut Toy
Hedgehogs enjoy solitary lives, and you notice that they tend to hide in the daytime because they are small nocturnal pets.
The Grass Hut toy acts as your hedgehog’s temporary place of relaxation within the cage as he waits for a restless night.
The hedgehog toy is hand-made, and it features natural material like sisal fibers and grass. The grass hut toy is a good nesting ground for pets like chinchillas, hamsters, and guinea pigs.
Hedgehog toys are essential in keeping your pet physically healthy thereby lowering boredom.
Also, hedgehogs that exercise with the help of hedgehog toys regularly cannot develop weight problems like obesity.
This article has identified 25 best hedgehog toys that you can find on Amazon.
We have reviewed all the toys according to the safety and security of the hedgehog so that you make the right selection that would make both your kids and the pet happy.
Other Hedgehog’s Toys We Reviewed
Dahey Hedgehog Plastic Chair
While humans need chairs for comfortable sitting, our spikey friend considers her plastic chair as a hedgehog toy thus a source of luxury.
The chair comes in various colors to help decorate the pet’s cage.
The cozy chair will not only serve your pet needs but will also be helpful to you as you can place your items on it while watching the rodent.
Where else can you pose for a photo without this hedgehog toy?
- Durable metal base for anchorage.
- Comfortable plastic material for sitting.
- All fulcrums are covered with silica gel for easy washing and avoidance of scratching the pet.
- The chair comes in sizes ideal for other small pets like hamsters.
- This fulcrum allows the seat to swivel to all directions.
- Colors: red, yellow, and blue.
- Size: 25 inches length, 4.0 inches, wide and 5.5 inches high.
- Rating: 4 stars out of 5.
Prevue Small Pet Playing Pen
Being a solitary pet doesn’t mean that hedgehogs don’t like playing.
Wild hedgehogs travel for long distances in search of food and safety, so the domestic one equally needs some exercise.
The hedgehog toy provides ample roaming space for your pet while at the same time enhancing his security.
- Steel mesh coated with non-toxic powder for durability and the safety of the pet.
- Nine multi-color mesh panels to form a good playing pen.
- It comes in various sizes to accommodate other small pets like hamsters, mice, and gerbils.
- The mesh is transparent thus allowing the hedgehog to have a clear view of the entire cage.
- Package: comes in two packs.
- Material: nine steel panel with various colors.
- Length: each panel measures 9 inches by 3 inches.
- Diameter: The playing area measures 36 inches.
Kaytee Nut Knot Knibbler
The pet will need this hedgehog toy for chewing to enable him to fight to boredom and to give the teeth the right shape.
The natural wooden sticks are joined with colorful almond nuts to grant the hedgehog a chance of gnawing, playing, and hiding.
- Consists of natural wood and almond nuts.
- Almond nuts have holes to attach sticks.
- The almond sticks bear all the primary colors and the green color.
- The hedgehog toy is also ideal for other small pets like chinchillas, gerbils, and pet rats.
- Non-toxic wood chews for safe gnawing and chewing.
- Materials: wooden sticks and almond nuts.
- Colors: Multiple colors including yellow, blue, and red.
- Sizes: 4-inch long, 4-inch wide, and 4-inch or 2-inch high.
- Package: two packs including Mini 2.5 inch and Medium 4 inch.
These Hedgehog Cage with Accessories are the best combo for your pet.
Kaytee Sleeper Cuddle for Hedgehog and Small Animal
After doing some exercises, your pet will need a comfortable place to relax while anticipating the next playing opportunity.
It must be looking like a bed, but because your small pet loves it, it becomes another wonderful hedgehog toy that guarantees maximum comfort.
- Secure and comfortable pet bed.
- Durable polyester material.
- Both machine washable and hand washable.
- Sturdy straps hence holding the bed in the right position.
- Also ideal for other small pets like guinea pig and rabbits.
- Product dimensions: 10.2 by 10.2 by 5 inches.
- Shipping weight: 8 ounces.
- Model number: 100079510.
Dahey Drinking Ceramics for Hedgehog
Providing your pet with clean food and water ensures that he lives the full length of his lifespan.
Dahey Ceramic hedgehog toy may look like the human toilet, but it has features that add to the improvement of hygiene in the cage.
The food and watering equipment has a large capacity that can keep water fresh even when you set for a journey of three days.
Besides, the hedgehog toy muffles the annoying sound that animals make while drinking.
- Made of a high-quality ceramic to last long.
- The ceramic material ensures that the pet’s food remains fresh for healthy consumption.
- The design guarantees that water and food don’t spill.
- Also perfect for other small animals like ferrets, birds, and mice.
- Product dimensions: 4.2 by 2.9 by 3.5 inches.
- Shipping weight: 12 ounces.
- Customer reviews: 4.5 stars out of 5.
SunGrow Portable Grass Bed
The neatly hand-woven grass bed is what your spikey friend needs to safeguard him the rough bottom of the cage.
After some exercise, you’ll most likely find the hedgehog trying to regain his strength in the bed.
However, the pet shouldn’t spend too much time in the bed because the sedentary life can result in obesity.
The bed is made of hay, wood, and organic materials that are 100% safe for chewing.
It’s worth noting that chewing encourages the healthy growth of teeth and lowering boredom.
The portable grass bed has all-natural materials hence posing no problem to our environment.
Other pets that enjoy having the bed include; rabbits, gerbils, chinchillas, and guinea pigs.
Niteangel 4-Pack Safe Toy for Small Animals
Niteangel is slowly claiming a top position in making excellent pet toys for nearly every small animal we keep in our homes. The product comes with four attractive hedgehog toys in one bargain.
The set of toys help in attaining the healthy and happy development of your pet.
With the Loofah as part of the toys, you can place your pet’s meal at the naturally-existing hole to improve the pet’s attitude to eating.
The Pinecone toy naturally encourages chewing and foraging while the Seagrass ball produces funs as the pet nibble and pushes it. The last toy in the set is a willow ring that entertains your pet especially when tossed.
Rainbow Play Bridge for Small Animal
Here’s another pet toy that rodents like. The amazing rainbow colors make to give the hedgehog’ cage an attractive look.
Being a wooden best hedgehog toys, your pet can safely chew during anxiety and boredom as the teeth turn healthy and clean.
The pet can find a hiding place just under the bridge especially when your spiny friend doesn’t want to be seen.
The wooden material is environment-friendly and easy to clean.
Other pets that enjoy utilizing the toy include; gerbils, hamsters, and pet rats.
Kaytee Crinkle Tunnel
The tunnel is 23-inch long to give your pet an opportunity to exercise at an extended distance.
If you find the tunnel too short for your pet’s training needs, you can buy two tunnels and join them together.
The tunnel is made of polyester and cotton materials, something that makes the toy easy to clean.
Also, the material is soft and durable thus giving you value for your money.
The tunnel has a single hole for ventilation so your pet cannot suffocate while inside.
Nocturnal pets like it since it creates a hiding area which is also ideal for secure relaxation.
It works admirably for other small animals like pet rats, hamsters, and guinea pigs.
Read More for Best Bearded Dragon Enclosures
Kaytee Critter Cruiser Small Animal Toy
Who said that pets don’t drive cars? I know you may be having your land cruiser, and you’re now wondering how on earth your pet is acquiring a car.
The vehicle has adjustable racing wheels that can work three different methods. Be wary of this toy because your kids can dispossess your pets.
The toy car is quite engaging thus can take your pet’s attention while you’re busy performing other house duties.
Besides, the plaything I consider as the best hedgehog toy promotes a healthy exercise within a safe environment.
The three ways that the toy can work include, adjusting the Comfort Wheel to the lowest position to allow the Critter Cruiser to move directly on Kaytee Hamtrac.
The other way is by allowing the Comfort Wheel to stay in top position to enable the car either to spin or stop.
The last way is to adjust the Comfort Wheel in the middle position so as to invite your pet for an interactive fun session where he can turn the wheels.
FAQs on Hedgehog’s Toys
Apart from hedgehogs, the only other prickle animals are the porcupines. Because porcupines are more giant, it’s easier to rear the smaller rodents (Hedgehogs).
Hedgehogs have fur on their bellies and bristle-like quills.
Its fun owning a hedgehog, and you can improve the joy if you acquire the right toys for your friend who stay in a cage.
Hedgehogs are considered solitary animals, so you can only improve their happiness status if you buy toys to keep them occupied.
Also, they want to relive their instinct of foraging, but they cannot succeed without you availing the right hedgehog toys.
Can hedgehogs play with toys?
The answer is yes. Every pet we keep need to keep its physical well-being, and the only way to do that is by exercising with the help of hedgehog toys.
Besides, hedgehogs are solitary nocturnal animals that only find fun while playing alone.
What are good hedgehog toys?
This article has already given you a guide on how to select hedgehog toys, and we have reviewed 25 products for your easy selection.
We have also provided links to the world’s premier online market, Amazon so that you can see more features, prices, and more images.
The general features of ideal hedgehog toy include;
- Ensures comfort.
- It provides areas of hiding.
- Answers the chewing demand for the pet.
- Encouraging the foraging instinct of hedgehog.
- Have non-toxic material for safe chewing.
- Attractive appearance to entice your pet to play.
- Toy houses should have places for food and water.
- Should give value for the money you pay.
- Easy to clean.
- Guarantee durability.
Here you go for hedgehog wheels and covers.
Can hedgehogs use other animal’s old cage?
- Yes but with caution. If the previous animal had died from some sickness, you’ll have to clean the cage and disinfect it before introducing the hedgehog to the cage.
- Abandon cage tend to harbor dampness on the wire mesh as a result, they may cause pneumonia to the solitary creature.
- If the cage is free from the cases highlighted above, you can move your pet there, and lower your rearing budget.
Can hedgehogs be active during the day?
- Even though hedgehogs are nocturnal animals, they can be trained to start playing in the daytime and sleep at night.
- However, the process should be gradual whereby you extend his playtime at night to daytime until he gets used to the new routine.
Do hedgehogs fair well with other hedgehogs?
- As already mentioned, hedgehogs are solitary creatures who want to spend time alone.
- Hedgehog doesn’t even need the company of another hedgehog.
- If you must rear two hedgehogs, ensure that both are females to minimize the unprecedented war.
Do hedgehogs get along with other pets?
- Be prepared that if you keep a hedgehog, you shouldn’t keep other pets because the interaction will be poor.
- However, you can rear a hedgehog along with other pets only if you have an ample space where the pets can escape if there are some attacks.
- Also, observe the rule of strict supervision if you’re planning to make your hedgehog share a home with other pets.
How do I play with my hedgehog?
Perhaps you’re wondering why people keep an animal that doesn’t want to be with other animals.
Hedgehogs may be famous for their solitary lifestyles, but they can be adoring animals if you train them.
Patience is a virtue and it will take some time before you get used to the pet.
Get to know the pet and only let him play at the time he’s willing to play with you. Once the bond develops, you’ll love playing with your prickly pet.
Can my children play with the hedgehogs?
- Yes, the hedgehog is a good pet that children will enjoy playing with.
- Only let the children play with the pet if they’ve shown themselves as responsible.
Hedgehogs are small pets that won’t require a lot of your attention so long as you’ve provided them with items that make their lives comfortable.
Being solitary animals, hedgehogs need the best hedgehog toys to help them fight boredom.
Pet caring is most important to increase its lifespan, so never neglect it.
Remember, bringing another hedgehog to give your existing pet companion will not solve lonely issues, but create more problems.
Hedgehogs just love to live solitary lives, and the moment you introduce a partner, you’ll be installing a deadly war in the cage.
The toy houses you buy for your hedgehog should be of adequate sizes to prevent the small animals from experiencing pain that comes when the spines prick their flesh.
Also, the house shouldn’t be too large to make the pet feel bored, but house toys should have adequate space for exercising, and this Best Hedgehog Hideout Houses the best for your pet.
Last update on 2021-10-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API