Last Updated on
One of the most colorful fishes that you can lay your eyes on is the Betta fish. It is also the perfect fish for beginners and easy to take care if placed in the correct. There are several kinds of betta fish tanks in the market, but as an owner, you need to find the best betta tank for your betta(s).
It is also essential that you know a bit about the characteristics of betta fishes so you can take care of them properly.
- 1 Can you put betta fish together in the same tank?
- 2 What does your betta fish tank look like?
- 3 How to Choose the Best Betta Tank?
- 3.1 #What is the optimal size and shape for a betta fish tank?
- 3.2 #Water Filtration
- 3.3 #Keeping the water at the optimal temperature
- 3.4 #Other Equipment in the Betta Fish Tank
- 3.5 #How to Decorate the Betta Fish Tank?
- 4 Which Best Betta Tanks To Choose For Your Betta Fish: All You Need To Know
- 4.1 1. Penn Plax 1.5 Gallon Betta Fish Tank Aquarium Kit With LED Light and Internal Filter
- 4.2 2. Aqueon LED MiniBow (1 to 5 Gallons) Aquarium Starter Kit LED Lighting
- 4.3 3. Up Aqua 2.5 Gallon Aquarium Fluorescent Betta Container
- 4.4 4. Aqueon LED MiniBow 2.5 Gallon Betta Fish Aquarium Starter Kits LED Lighting
- 4.5 5. Tetra LED Half Moon 1 Gallon Betta Aquarium, Betta Fish Tank
- 4.6 6. Penn Plax Delux Triple 0.7-Gallon Small Betta Bow Aquarium Tank
- 4.7 7. Umbra FishHotel 1.8 Gallon Mini Aquarium, Great For Goldfish, Bettas and Small Fishes
- 4.8 8. Fluval Spec III Aquarium Kit, 2.6- Gallon
- 4.9 9. Aqueon compartments Betta Falls Kit
- 4.10 10. AquaView 2-Gallon 360 Fish Tank with Power Filter and LED Lighting
- 4.11 11. Tetra LED Cube Shaped 3 Gallon Aquarium With Pedestal Base
- 4.12 12. Marineland Portrait Glass LED 5 GAL Aquarium Kit
- 4.13 13. Fluval Spec 5-Gallon Nano Glass Aquarium Kit
- 4.14 14. Marina 1.77 gallon Betta Aquarium Kit
- 4.15 15. Penn Plax 1.5 Gallon Betta Fish Tank Aquarium Kit With LED Light and Internal Filter Desktop Size
- 4.16 16. As Seen On TV Fish Tank, 4 ¾ x 6 x 10-Inch
- 4.17 17. Elive Betta Fish Bowl/ Betta Fish Tank with Planter, Small 0.75 Gallon LED Light Timer Aquarium
- 4.18 18. Fish Bubbles–Wall Mounted Acrylic Fish Bowl
- 4.19 19. Koller Products Aquascene 1.5 gal Fish Tank with LED Lighting
- 4.20 20. Lee’s Round Betta Keeper
- 4.21 21. Tetra 1.8 Gallon Built-In Filtration Waterfall Aquarium Kit
- 4.22 22. Tetra Colorfusion LED Half Moon 3 Gallons Aquarium Kit
Can you put betta fish together in the same tank?
Since Bettas are small fishes, it is often assumed that they can be put in small-enclosed vases or bowls. But it is nothing but a misnomer.
In reality, a Betta requires large swimming space to thrive.
Also, because they Bettas are an aggressive bunch of fish hence their other name Siamese fighting fish, owners often like to keep them separate from other Bettas or other fishes.
In the natural environment generally, when a Betta attacks the other fish or Betta swim away.
In an aquarium there is no place for the fish to swim away from the Betta’s attack; as a result, the fight continues until of them dies. This often results in the owners preferring to keep their each Betta in small tanks.
Keep males and females apart too; Another aspect of Betta that a serious Betta fish owner should consider is not only to keep Betta males apart from each other but also to keep male and female Bettas apart.
While it is known that males fight with each other there has also been records of aggression between males and females.
So it is recommended that apart from the mating time do not keep male and female Bettas together.
However, if you have a large enough betta fish tank with a filter, you can put a couple of female Bettas together.
What does your betta fish tank look like?
Bettas can survive in stagnant water, in the non-oxygenated tank because they are labyrinth fishes, however, as a pet lover, we recommend that you own one of the betta fish tanks that are available in the market.
A specialty of a labyrinth fish is that it can have their intake of oxygen from the water as well as the air.
This feature allows Bettas while staying in their natural environment to jump between puddles.
While it is true that they can survive in a small glass bowl or even a cup but that will reduce their life expectancy.
However, a well-made betta fish aquarium will increase their lifespan.
Needs clean oxygenated water: It is important that Bettas are kept in a betta fish tank with a filter.
Once again often owners think that since they jump between puddles they can be kept in dirty tank water.
In reality, Bettas in their natural environment live in well-oxygenated, clean water that has plenty of plants.
Bettas are part of an ecosystem that is unique and diverse. Hence, they require rich oxygenated environment.
How to Choose the Best Betta Tank?
Now that you have a bit more knowledge about Bettas as an owner the next task is for you to select one of the cool betta fish tanks that can cater to your as well as your betta(s) need. When selecting the best betta tank for your betta consider these:
- Size and shape of the tank
- Water filtration
- How will you heat the water of the tank for optimum temperature?
- What other equipment do you have to include in the tank for your betta?
- How would you like to decorate the tank?
Now let’s break each of the above pointers down and give a bit more explanation so that you get a better overview of the topics, which can help you in selecting the cool betta fish tank.
#What is the optimal size and shape for a betta fish tank?
Generally, in pet stores, Bettas are sold in cups or similar small containers.
While it is fine to keep them in such a small space for a short while but for a longer duration Bettas will require enough space for their swimming.
Though they are small fishes, however, Bettas require large enough space for their exercise to stay healthy, which increase their life expectancy.
Additionally, a large fish tank also means the quality of water will be good for a longer duration compared to a smaller Betta fish tank.
A small fish tank with soiled water is also the place for the growth of harmful bacteria, germs and contaminating agents.
Mainly a small water enclosure will spike the ammonia that can be very harmful to the Bettas.
Ideally, a best-suited beta fish tank should be at least two gallons or more, but if space is a challenge then you can opt for a one-gallon tank or less but then you have to clean the water regularly.
With a small tank you cannot think of multiplying Bettas and also you will be reducing their lifespan.
There are several types of Betta species and while most will survive well in a 5-gallon tank there are some that can require more space. We have done some great research for you to select the tank.
There is no ideal shape for a betta fish tank; it can be of any shape.
There is a variety of unique betta fish tanks available in the market, the list is endless from Zen tanks, traditional tanks, and aquariums to tanks with dividers and bio tanks.
The reality is the size and the conditions inside the tank are of utmost importance compared to the shape of it.
The shape is more of the kind that you like than your fish.
Bettas in their natural habitat live in rice paddies that often act as natural filtration.
Being a tropical fish they require the proper living condition to thrive in and anything less will result in their demise. They also require clean, and healthy water for survival.
Hence a decent filtration system is mandatory for a good Betta fish tank.
Often small tanks use air pumps for filtering the water with the aim to make some sort of under-gravel system.
This is, however, is not good enough to keep the water clean.
Also, Bettas need a lazy current to move around rather a strong current that would push them around.
For small tanks no nano filters are available and there is practically no room to use proper filters in a one-gallon tank.
Though Bettas can survive a system of low-flow filtration, however, an aftermarket filtration is not good for the fishes’ stress level as it pushes them around.
Without a proper filtration even with a partial water change the waste and the excess food in the tank will contaminate the water, which is never good for the Bettas.
Proper betta food always encourages your cutie to be healthy for a lontime.
Also, with proper filtration and full water change, there is no scope for the bad microbe to build colonies in the tank rather there will be the growth of good microbe that can help in keeping the tank clean by processing the waste.
Hence it is of utmost importance that you choose a cool beta tank that is spacious with the proper filtration system.
#Keeping the water at the optimal temperature
Bettas being a tropical fish require a consistent temperature between 75 and 80 degrees to survive and thrive.
Hence it is of utmost importance that your betta fish aquarium has a reliable heater.
Normally small tanks do not have a heater, therefore, they would fail to keep the temperature at an optimum level and is influenced by the surrounding temperature.
In case you live in a temperate region where the temperature is rarely lower than 75 degrees then you can consider having a betta fish tank without a heater.
Even if the temperature at night drops to 65 degrees that can be quite a temperature variation for the Bettas.
This drop can be quite stressful for the Bettas since they are fishes of warmer water.
Though there are some Nano heaters for small tanks and bowls, be careful to use them in tanks that are less than five gallons.
In case you use then, be sure to monitor these heaters carefully so they do not rise to the temperature to a level that can become deadly for the Bettas.
It is; therefore, better to have a larger tank for tropical fishes, as it is easy to create a tropical aquarium in a larger tank.
In the large Betta fish tank, you can also maintain the temperature easily compared to a small tank where the dangers of overheating or cooling the water are easy.
To maintain the temperature in the tank at an optimum level it is advised that you place a thermometer in the tank.
But remember to put it on the opposite end of the tank where you have placed the heater.
#Other Equipment in the Betta Fish Tank
Apart from the filter to provide clean water and a heater that would retain the temperature at 78 degrees you would require a light.
It is an important part of setting up a tank properly for Betta and the plants that you intend to use.
Different species of Bettas and plants require different light intensities.
Generally, the preferred option for lighting a tank is in the hood but you need to ascertain that the intensity of the light from the hood suits your Betta.
In case your Betta is not the species that can tolerate the lighting from the hood then you have to think of placing it somewhere else.
You can think of adding an air pump since it helps to keep the tank oxygenated and healthier but do ensure that you place them properly.
If they are placed in the wrong way inside the tank it will add stress to the Betta.
Bettas like to hide and rest so it is important that you put live plants inside the Betta fish tank.
You can consider placing plants like Java Moss and Java Fern.
Plants also release oxygen, which is beneficial for the Bettas.
Rocks and pebbles
As mentioned in the earlier point that Bettas like to hide so you can consider putting artificial caves in the tank along with the rocks and pebbles.
It is of utmost importance that you put considerable thought into how you place these items in your cool Betta tank that makes your Betta’s life comfortable in the tank.
#How to Decorate the Betta Fish Tank?
After putting in significant thought into where to place the equipment in your unique betta fish tank you also need to take into account the following on how to decorate it.
No metal in the tank
Metals mainly iron will rust after some time and the water quality of the tank will be affected and might get contaminated.
No sharp objects
Inspect carefully all the pebbles, rocks and other decorative ornaments closely and refrain from putting any object that is sharp.
A Betta can tear or snag its fins and tails on such sharp objects.
Arrange the decorations and equipment carefully
when placing any decorations or equipment in your best betta tank do them carefully so that they do not get wedged, confined or entangled in them.
Such a case where they get stuck can be fatal for them.
Bettas are curious about fish by nature and can place themselves in dangerous and awkward situations.
So always keep enough space between the decorations and the equipment so the Betta can swim through without any hindrance.
Which Best Betta Tanks To Choose For Your Betta Fish: All You Need To Know
Now that you have got an overview on how to make a Betta Fish Tank suitable for the Betta so that it can thrive, it is now time to think about what kind of Betta Fish Tank to choose for your fish.
To make your selection process easier for you we have come up with over 30 best betta tanks that you can select from to keep your Bettas and give them a lovely, oxygenated environment.
The ratings of these betta tanks are based on the feedback given by the customers, The prices are also very affordable to buy, let’s look at these following betta aquariums.
1. Penn Plax 1.5 Gallon Betta Fish Tank Aquarium Kit With LED Light and Internal Filter
If you are strapped for space this Plax Betta Fish Tank is for you, ideal for a desktop.
It comes with a built kit so you can set it up for your fish in a few minutes.
This good grade plastic betta tank is one of the few small tanks in the market that has an internal filter system to keep the tank clean.
- The filter can be easily replaced, as it is not attached to the hood, unlike other smaller tanks.
- The filter is a bit strong for a Betta. You can replace the original sponge with a 30ppi canister foam
- The tank is apt for a desktop.
- The pump is silent, which is a plus.
- The crystals are plastic so be careful not to scratch them.
- A longer cord between the light and the pump would give flexibility in positioning the pump.
- You have to leave quite a lot of space on the top for the tank making it 1-gallon tank.
- The top also fills with steam making it humid and hot, which cannot be good for the Bettas.
2. Aqueon LED MiniBow (1 to 5 Gallons) Aquarium Starter Kit LED Lighting
This unique betta fish tank is available in five different sizes. It is a sleek betta tank that you can set up in a desktop to a large space.
This compact designed cool betta fish tank that comes with starter kit so you can setup it up in few minutes and be ready for your betta fish.
- Elevated base.
- Available in 1, 1.6, 2.5, 3, and 5 gallons.
- Aqueon QuietFlow Filtration is included.
- Water and food care samples are part of the starter kit.
- Energy efficient sleek LED light is included.
- Feeding hole is near the light on the hood.
- Shipped in a container that will protect the tank from scratches and breakage.
- A filter can accommodate a heater.
- The filter is quiet.
- The LED light is good.
- An open filter can be a problem for some fishes.
- Easy to clean apart from a few edges on the top.
- Feeder opening is on the lid so no need to take the lid off.
3. Up Aqua 2.5 Gallon Aquarium Fluorescent Betta Container
If you are a pro in setting up a tank for your bettas then you can consider this aquarium.
This is a basic tank that you can decorate as you wish, though of not a great size but if you are strapped for space you can buy this tank.
The advantage of this tank is you can choose the filter, decoration, heater and other accessories for your tank and customize it.
- The glass is exceptionally clear.
- On the side of the tanks, there are indents; these give a nice space to drape the cords and tubes for the heater.
- The fluorescent colors on the tank glow in the dark.
- A perfect tank to put your Bettas along with the bamboo plant.
4. Aqueon LED MiniBow 2.5 Gallon Betta Fish Aquarium Starter Kits LED Lighting
A contemporary designed best betta tank in the market.
The tank has the provision to keep two bettas with partition.
This betta fish is attractive to look at with its sleek design and elevated base.
Since the tank is not huge in size small Aqueon Filter is used.
The tank is shipped with care so that there are no scratches on the surface and does not suffer any damages and breakage.
- It's a 2.5 Gallon Betta tank.
- Energy efficient LED light is placed on the hood.
- Feeding hole is on the hood so you do not have to take it off to feed the fish.
- The kit has Aqueon QuietFlow Filter.
- In the kit food and water care samples are included.
- You can insert divider to make two compartments in the tank.
- Dimension: 11.94 x 9.79x11.88 (LxHxW) inches.
- The separator does not work properly as it is flimsy.
- The filter is not as good as it has constant strong water flow.
- Bettas can get sucked into it.
- The wiring is not correct.
- The instructions do not match with the product
- Easy to put together the tank
- Not good for more than one Betta
- The size is an advantage.
5. Tetra LED Half Moon 1 Gallon Betta Aquarium, Betta Fish Tank
Once again if you have little space and want to set up an aquarium for your Bettas this is the best betta tank for you.
It is a very cool betta tank in the shape of half moon that provides a full view to the tank.
Also, it is a good focal point as a part of home décor. The size is perfect for a desktop or any small area.
- 1 Gallon.
- A LED light that can be repositioned.
- The LED light can be placed either on the top or bottom of the tank.
- The half-moon shape and the LED light illuminates the tank fully.
- Plastic canopy included.
- There is a feeding hole too so you do not have to take off the lid.
- Dimension: 4.6 x 9.1 x 9.9 (LxHxW) inches.
- You have to buy the power cord.
- Adequate for a single betta.
- Easy to clean.
- Light runs on 3 AA batteries and also you can plug it with a USB cord.
- Ideal for a small desktop area.
- Cannot place a large based artificial plant in the bottom, as there are bumps for fitting the light in the bottom.
- The shelf life of the product is not good.
6. Penn Plax Delux Triple 0.7-Gallon Small Betta Bow Aquarium Tank
If you have very little space and still want a Betta then this is the Betta Fish Tank for you.
Also, with this tank, you have the option of converting it into three separate compartments for three different Bettas with the 2 opaque dividers.
- 0.7 Gallon.
- Pro-V crystals are included that absorbs waste.
- Two dividers are included for compartments.
- Bottom drain for a partial water change.
- Filter grid for better cleaning.
- Plant pins are included to hold the plants in place.
- Lights use batteries.
- Dimension: 11 x 7 x 4.25 (L x H x W) inches.
- The separators at times fail to keep the Bettas separated.
- There is a filter section but does not have its own filter pump.
- The filter protrudes above the water.
- The drain is small and the filth gets caught at the bottom.
- You will require a heater if the temperature is cold.
- The light works well.
7. Umbra FishHotel 1.8 Gallon Mini Aquarium, Great For Goldfish, Bettas and Small Fishes
The biggest USP of this product is it was one of Oprah’s ‘Favorite Things’ in the 2010 list.
It is easy to stack the fish tank with which you can build a fish condo.
It also won the awards at the Housewares Design Award as well as the Canadian Build A Better Competition.
Also, you can decorate the fish hotel in a way you want, as it does not come with a kit.
- Difficult to see the fish.
- Too small and not well lit.
- You have to buy filter, heater, and everything else to make the tank liveable for a Betta.
- Not ideal for Betta or any fish.
- The tank is nice to look at but does not have enough space for the Betta to swim.
8. Fluval Spec III Aquarium Kit, 2.6- Gallon
This is one of the Best Betta Tanks in the market that comes with a 3-stage powerful filtration system.
It is sleek to look at with a raised base that comes in two different variants (Black and White).
An aquarium is apt for small spaces and can be easily kept on a desktop or a countertop.
The container is a well-lit Betta fish tank that can add to your home or office décor.
- 2.6 Gallon.
- Glass body with aluminum trimmings.
- The filter and the pump are set in a separate chamber for easy maintenance.
- A 3-stage filter with activated carbon, BioMix rings, and a foam block.
- The filter provides chemical, biological and mechanical filtration.
- The output nozzle is adjustable.
- Has 31 LED lights.
- Two color variants: Black and White.
- Dimension: 10.8 x 11.8 x 8.7 (L x H x W) inches.
- All the basic equipment to set up the tank is included in the package apart from the heater.
- You have to change the carbon once a month.
- Easy to clean.
- The ceramic rings are beneficial for harboring the good bacteria do not clean the rings.
- The filter has a little humming noise.
- You have to set the filter at the lowest setting and adding a filter sponge helps or else the force of the filter can be overwhelming for a Betta.
- The setup instructions are not very beneficial.
9. Aqueon compartments Betta Falls Kit
This is a unique betta fish tank that gives a look of a cascading waterfall.
You have to buy the decoration like plants, gravel and other décors for this cool betta tank.
Also, the bettas you put in this tank would need some time to adjust to the flowing water.
- A powerful filter with a quiet flow is included.
- A medium Aqueon filter cartridge can be used and a sample is included.
- Water and food care samples are also included.
- Water flow can be adjusted and controlled.
- Internal water level can be checked with the Fill Indicator.
- The inside panels are frosted so one betta cannot see the other.
- Dimension: 16.99 x 11.15 x 4.92 (L x H x W) inches.
- The filter is quiet.
- One Betta cannot see the other so no chances of them trying to fight and getting hit on the compartment walls.
- You need to buy a heater and other equipment along with lights for the tank apart from a filter.
- The waterfall theme often dumps food into the bottom of the tank making it murky and ugly.
- There should be more room for the Bettas to swim.
10. AquaView 2-Gallon 360 Fish Tank with Power Filter and LED Lighting
This amazing cool betta fish tank can be placed anywhere and you can view your fish from any angle.
The entire tank is made of impact resistant plastic and the clarity is crystal clear.
Comes with a power filter and LED lights that are energy efficient, Easy to set up with the decorations you want.
- Led lights are energy efficient.
- You can select the lighting between daylight white, aqua, purple, amber, green, red, or blue.
- You can also set the timer for the LEDs to light up at the same time every day.
- The filter is powerful that purifies the water at 25 gallons per hour flow rate.
- It removes the organic pollutants from the water.
- Dimension: 10.2 Dia x 10.5 H inches.
- The filter makes noise that can be rectified with the usage of Tetra internal 3i filter.
- Easy to set up.
- The lights are really cool and the adjusting it as per your requirement is quite a plus.
- There is an issue of water getting splashed on the LED lights so you have to cover them up.
11. Tetra LED Cube Shaped 3 Gallon Aquarium With Pedestal Base
This is one of the best betta tanks in the market fitted with a filter that can maintain a good environment for tropical fishes like Betta.
Also, with the lid having a feeding hole you do not have to take it off to feed your fish.
Made with glass and acrylic this cube-shaped tank is easy to set up and can be kept anywhere, The pedestal gives it a sleek look.
- The design is elegant.
- The size is good for a single Betta.
- The LED is good.
- The filter is not very effective so you can buy and set up your own filter.
- Buy a heater for the tank.
- You have to buy all the decorations and equipment for your Betta to live comfortably in the tank.
12. Marineland Portrait Glass LED 5 GAL Aquarium Kit
This curved glass aquarium for Bettas is perfect for your Bettas, The energy-efficient LED lights can be changed between white and blue, blue only and off settings.
The light settings of this tank give quite a picturesque view of the tank, The white and blue setting gives the effect of underwater sunlight.
The blue setting produces the soothing effect of moonlight glow, The tank is easy to assemble with its kit.
- 5 Gallon.
- Material: Curved Glass.
- A 3-stage filtration system with adjustable water flow.
- A hinged LED lighting with 3 different settings.
- For easy access a glass canopy that can slide easily for feeding the fish and water caring dosage.
- Dimension: 11.8 x 11.6 x 17 (L x W x H) inches.
- The actual aquarium size: 9.63 L x 9.63 W x 17.2 H inches.
- The size is given in the dimension of the package.
- The black stand and the contoured glass makes it look very sleek.
- Easy to clean only the problematic area is the hidden filter space.
- With portrait orientation, the space required to keep this tank is less.
- The overhead light flips easily to give easy access to the tank.
- The rear of the tank for the filter is narrow hence hard to clean.
13. Fluval Spec 5-Gallon Nano Glass Aquarium Kit
A Betta fish tank that is sleek and has a contemporary look, which can be placed anywhere. This nano aquarium is the powerhouse that combines functionality with style.
The overarching LED lights illuminate the tank beautifully. This is a tank that can be a good home for a Betta while adding to your décor.
- 5 Gallon Nano Aquarium.
- Lighting system: 37 LED that overhangs the tank.
- 3-Stage filtration with foam block, BioMax bio rings, and activated carbon.
- The filtration system is located at a separate chamber.
- Output nozzle can be adjusted.
- The circulation pump is powerful.
- Material: Etched glass with aluminum trimmings.
- Dimension: 17.2 x 10.6 x 6.3 (L x H x W) inches.
- It is a good tank to keep a Betta.
- The filter compartment has enough space to hide a heater too.
- The filter can be a bit too strong for some Bettas so depending on your fish you can use a Fluval EDGE Pre-Filter Sponge.
14. Marina 1.77 gallon Betta Aquarium Kit
This is a unique Betta fish tank suitable to be kept in any place.
For a single Betta, it provides good swimming space.
For your convenience, it has an easy-access cover. Also, you can make it part of any décor with two different decorative background themes.
With this betta fish tank, you can decorate it as you wish since it does not include any kit.
- The tank does not include lights.
- No filter is included.
- You have to buy a heater too.
- The shape of the tank is unique.
15. Penn Plax 1.5 Gallon Betta Fish Tank Aquarium Kit With LED Light and Internal Filter Desktop Size
This easy to set up a Betta fish tank can be placed in anywhere and is ideal if you are concerned about space.
With a raised black base and curved design, this is a sleek looking aquarium for tropical fishes like Betta.
This is a great tank for the first time Betta keepers.
- 1.5 Gallon.
- 3-stage filtration system that uses biological, chemical and mechanical process.
- The carbon filter is used for removing nitrate and other polluting agents.
- The tank includes energy-efficient bright white LED light.
- Easy to remove lid for feeding and maintaining the water.
- Material: Clear high-quality plastic.
- Dimension: 9.5 x 8.5 x 6 (H x W x L) inches.
- You have to buy your heater but there is a space for the cord.
- Gravel is not included in the kit.
- Buy a plastic heater for the tank.
- The filter can be a bit strong for a Betta, which can be adjusted by taking the sponge out and replacing it with a 30ppi canister foam piece.
- The filter is very quiet.
- As a replacement cartridge, you can use API size 10 cartridges.
- The LED light is quite attractive.
16. As Seen On TV Fish Tank, 4 ¾ x 6 x 10-Inch
This is a unique betta fish tank that is self-cleaning, This tank is ideal for the first time fish owners.
A low-maintenance fish tank that can be placed anywhere, Perfect to place it on a small desktop or countertop.
- No filter or heater is part of the kit.
- The tank is too small but Bettas are known for staying in cups.
- Siphon cleaning does not work fully.
- Most of the excess food and wastes fall in the bottom and get stuck in the gravel.
- A small tank cute to look at.
17. Elive Betta Fish Bowl/ Betta Fish Tank with Planter, Small 0.75 Gallon LED Light Timer Aquarium
This is an easy maintenance betta fish tank can be termed as a bowl too.
It is small and can be kept in a space-constrained area, apt for an office desk, kitchen, or living room.
The bowl with a Betta fish can be used as décor as it has a space for a decorative planter and it alleviates the space.
It is easy to set up.
- 0.75 Gallon.
- Material: Clear Glass bowl.
- Separate planter space is there where you can place either a live or artificial plant.
- LED lights are placed in the bottom that can be lit with a battery or USB cord.
- The lights have a 4-hour timer.
- Planter has a drain hole along with cup for collecting excess water.
- Dimension: 7 x 9 x 7.75.
- You have to buy filtration and aeration.
- To keep bettas properly you have to equip it.
- Does not have any lid.
- It is not a brightly lit light at the base.
18. Fish Bubbles–Wall Mounted Acrylic Fish Bowl
This is a wall-mounted fishbowl can be used for bettas also as a planter.
Though does not have much space, however, since Bettas can survive in a cup you can consider putting it in this bowl for a short time.
This fish bowl is an attractive décor for a living room space.
- You cannot put a filter in this fishbowl.
- It is very small.
- Attractive to look at.
- You can put a betta in this bowl but do not overcrowd it with many decorations.
19. Koller Products Aquascene 1.5 gal Fish Tank with LED Lighting
The plastic betta fish tank is break-resistant that can add a character to your home as well as office space.
Easy to set up and can be placed in a limited spaced area.
The tank is durable and easy to care for.
It also is fitted with dazzling LED light that can be set with a timer.
- The shape is good.
- No hose or feeding holes in the tank.
- Filter and heater you have to buy separately.
- Good for a single Betta.
- You can decorate it as you wish.
20. Lee’s Round Betta Keeper
This Betta fish tank is ideal for office and home and can be placed in a desktop or a countertop.
You can also stack these tanks efficiently with the feet of a tank fitting on the lid groove.
It is easy to set up and turn it into a home for your Betta.
- Not an ideal tank to keep Bettas for a long time, you can use it for a short period r as a temporary home for your Betta.
- It is spill resistant so can be used for transporting a Betta.
- The tank is easy to clean
21. Tetra 1.8 Gallon Built-In Filtration Waterfall Aquarium Kit
This is a classic fishbowl where you can keep your Betta.
The easy to set up fishbowl is a good startup kit for first-time fish keepers.
It also adds a special character to your room or office décor with its waterfall feature.
The elevated base with the globe like the shape it can be placed anywhere.
- The pump is good for the size and is quite.
- There is a small, loose piece of plastic in the tank it is for the splash made by the waterfall.
- The waterfall oxygenates the water well.
- The water quality is maintained well for a month.
- The filter cartridge can be changed easily.
- The design is sleek.
- The LED gives the effect of moonlight.
- The bottom of the tank is small, about 4-5 inches in diameter, hence making it difficult to put any special plants or ornaments.
22. Tetra Colorfusion LED Half Moon 3 Gallons Aquarium Kit
This is a unique Betta fish tank that gives cool color changing effects on the bubbles.
With this tank, you can see your Betta from quite a wide angle as it provides a 180-degree view.
The tank is a good size for a Betta or tropical fish.
With the elevated black base the aquarium can be kept anywhere that will add character to your room.
- 3 Gallon.
- Filtration included.
- Cartridge-based filtration.
- 2 part filtration system is used, mechanical and chemical with Ultra-Activated Carbons.
- The carbon helps in eliminating the odor and debris from the water.
- The LEDs lit up the bubbles in rainbow color.
- A feeding tube is included in the kit, which makes feeding the fish easier.
- Dimension: 6.9 x 12.5 x 12.9 (D x L x H) inches.
- The tank is ideal for holding a single Betta.
- The LED rainbow bubbles are a really attractive feature of this tank.
- You need to buy gravel.
- Buy a check the valve of the air pump.
- You also have to buy other decorations to complete the tank into your Betta’s home.
- You have to buy a heater for this tank as it is not included in the kit.
With all these options available in the market if you are planning to buy a tank for the Bettas, you can consider going through the list. From the list, you can select the tank that suits you and your Betta.
Last update on 2019-03-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API