But if you think housing these sweet and cute little furry animals are easy and you can keep them anywhere and in a cage, and then think twice.
Not all cages are suitable for guinea pigs because they often lack enough space for the animal to move and play around.
Lack of space not only harms them but have the potential to injure them and incur long term drawbacks.
It is hence of utmost importance that as an owner you select the right cage for your guinea pig and understand their habitat.
Understanding their habitat is crucial since knowing it would help you to provide them with a better environment, which can enhance their life expectancy.
In this article while we will discuss the guinea pig habitat, we will also focus on the different types of cages you can get in the market and review the cages.
Before we get into the details of where and how to keep your furry little friends, here are 5 things about your little pet that you need to know.
- Guinea pigs make awesome first pet
- These are gentle, yet energetic, and social animal.
- Guinea pigs are active during day time.
- The life expectancy of a guinea pig is typically eight years.
- Generally, the weight of the animal is about 2.5 pounds and grows about a foot long.
- 1 What should you feed Guinea pigs?
- 2 Keeping your guinea pig healthy
- 3 Setting up a home for your guinea pig
- 4 Types of cages often considered for guinea pigs
- 5 Why the Cage size is important for Guinea pigs?
- 6 Where to keep Guinea pigs in the house?
- 7 Our Customer Picks: 5 Top-Rated Best Guinea Pig Cages Reviews
- 8 Best Guinea Pig Cages 2020
- 9 List of Midwest Guinea Pig Cages
- 9.1 MidWest Homes for Pets Ferret Nation | Double Story Deluxe Ferret Nation Playpen
- 9.2 “Guinea Habitat” Guinea Pig Cage & Accessories by MidWest
- 9.3 “Guinea Habitat” Guinea Pig Cage & Accessories by MidWest
- 9.4 Midwest Deluxe Single Story Critter Nation for Guinea
- 9.5 Midwest Deluxe Two-Story Critter Nation
- 10 List of Best Outdoor & Indoor Guinea Pig Cages
- 10.1 Petsfit Small Animal Hutch, Guinea pig Hutch Wood for Indoor Use
- 10.2 Tespo Pet Playpen, Small Animal Cage Indoor Portable Metal Wire Yard Fence for Small Animals, Guinea Pigs
- 10.3 Tespo Pet Playpen, Animal Cage Indoor Portable Metal Wire Yard Fence for Animals Kennel Crate Fence Tent
- 10.4 JYYG Pet Playpen, Small Animal Cage Indoor Portable Metal Wire Yard Fence for Guinea Pigs
- 10.5 Aivituvin Indoor or Outdoor – Wood Cage for Guinea Pig with Run, Chicken Coop with Removable Tray,2 Storey
- 10.6 ToysOpoly #1 Premium Pet Playpen – Large 45” Indoor/Outdoor Cage. One of the best exercise Kennel for Your Guinea Pig. Portable Fabric Pen for Easy Travel
- 10.7 JYYG Pet Playpen, Small Animal Cage Indoor Portable Metal Wire Yard Fence for Guinea Pigs, Kennel Crate Fence Tent, Black
- 10.8 Prevue Pet Small Animal Home Stand
- 11 DIY Guinea Pig Cage
- 12 Large, X-Large Guinea Pig Habitat Reviews
- 13 Best Multi-Level Guinea Pig Habitats
- 14 Other Best Guinea Pig Houses we Review
- 14.1 Kaytee Complete Guinea Pig Kit
- 14.2 AmazonBasics Pet Habitat
- 14.3 Ferplast Pig Cage, Grey
- 14.4 Prevue Pet Products 528 Universal Small Animal Home
- 14.5 Standard Living World Deluxe Habitat
- 14.6 Prevue Hendryx Black Cage with Stand
- 14.7 Kaytee My First Home Habitat for Small Animals
- 14.8 Ware Manufacturing Home Sweet Home Pet Cage for Small Animals
What should you feed Guinea pigs?
It is mandatory that they are given fresh and clean water every day and have access to water all the time.
Here is a list of a few foods and quantity of it you can give them.
- Oat grass or Timothy hay can be 75 percent of their diet.
- Pelleted food can be 10 percent of their diet daily.
- Dark leafy green vegetables can be 5 percent of their diet every day.
- In fruits oranges, bananas, melons can constitute about 5 percent of their diet once a week.
- As treat, you can feed alfalfa hay and raisins twice a week, which can be about 5 percent of their diet.
Keeping your guinea pig healthy
The rule of thumb is giving them the opportunity to adjust to their new living area and environment.
To ensure they get accustomed and is well settled do not handle them for the first three or four days.
If your guinea pig shows any of the following symptoms do contact a veterinarian.
- Swollen, cloudy or sunken eyes.
- The front teeth are overgrown.
- Behaviour is lethargic.
- Bare skin and patches of fur.
- Loss of weight and refusal to drink or eat as normal.
- Discharge from eyes, nose, and/or mouth.
- Discolored droppings or diarrhea.
Setting up a home for your guinea pig
Since guinea pigs are social animals they can adjust in small areas.
But if you are keeping more than one guinea pig in a small enclosed space for them to stay in then make sure you keep the all-boy or all-girl group.
A solid floor with a cage or a hutch is perfect for guinea pigs.
For them to root in and help they have a place to hide and burrow give them four or five inches of pine, aspen, or a recycled-paper bed for better absorption.
It is recommended that you use paper as they have fewer chemicals than pine and cedar shavings.
The droppings must be removed as frequently as possible and at least once a month replace the bedding completely.
The individual optimum size for a guinea pig’s cage for a friendly habitat should be 24x12x12 inches.
An owner can consider a multilevel home for the pig, as it will give them the chance to exercise more.
Moreover, you should consider a cage which has easily cleanable.
Types of cages often considered for guinea pigs
In the market, there are several types of cages available.
Depending on the space and how you want to set up the home for your furry little pet you can decide on which one to choose among the 4 main types.
Pet Store Cages
- There are different types of guinea pig cages available in the market but before buying them an owner should consider that it meets the recommended size housing them.
- There are several kinds of cages, often there are ones that are sold as ‘starter homes’, beware of these, as often they are small and cheap.
Cubes and Coroplast
- The gold standard in guinea pig cages is the ones made from storage cube grids and Coroplast.
- These provide quite an ample space for the piggies to move around and often owners line them up with feeling rather than conventional bedding so that it is soft yet easier to clean.
- The grids are held together with connectors and cable ties.
- If there are no predators in the house like cats then you can leave the top open.
- In case you need to cover the top you can use wire shelves as the lid for the C&C cage.
Other Homemade Cages
- While C7C is the easiest way of building a cage for your little piggies, one can be innovative in using other materials like a child’s swimming pool to make the home for the little pet.
- All you need to ensure that the sides are high enough so the guinea pigs cannot jump out of it and it is safe for them. Also, they can be cheap guinea pig cages but a very friendly one.
- Unfortunately, this is quite a popular choice for many guinea pig owners. An aquarium for many seems to be the choice because it’s cheap, solid, and easy to clean.
- However, an aquarium is not a good choice for guinea pigs because it does not allow proper air circulation and the solid sides muffle their voices.
- The unhealthiest part of the entire idea of keeping more than one guinea pig in an aquarium is they will have less space and will end up fighting and getting sick.
While these are the most used cages that are used by people for their guinea pigs, it is important that when you get a cage for them you are supposed to take into consideration the size of it.
Why the Cage size is important for Guinea pigs?
Despite Guinea pigs being a small little creature but they are the largest rodents that are kept as pets.
Often when the floor area is small the vertical space is utilized to increase their living area encouraging them to climb, dig and burrow.
But for guinea pigs, this is not suitable since they rely primarily on floor space.
While ramps and platforms with little height do add variety to their loving space but they require ample floor area inside the cage for exercise.
Here is a guideline that you can follow to determine the space of the cage your guinea pigs need.
- One guinea pig: Minimum 7.5 square feet, typically 30 x 30 inches cage.
- Two guinea pigs: Between 7.5 and 10.5 square feet, typically 30×50 inches cage.
- Three guinea pigs: Between 10.5 and 13 square feet, typically 30×62 inches cage.
- Four guinea pigs: Minimum 13 square feet, typically 30×76 inches cage.
An optimum sized cage is important for your guinea pig because it can offer quite a lot it benefits like
- A small cage will make your little piggy depressed and bored, as there would not be adequate stimulation.
- With ample room for the guinea pig to move around would mean they would be less prone to have heart disease, diabetes, bumblefoot, anal impaction, and other medical conditions.
- They will have the opportunity to exercise at their own schedule rather than yours. Since guinea pigs are active mostly during the day and rest in the evening hence making them exercise in the night is not recommended.
- Guinea pigs being a social animal are always happy when they are more than one but they are also territorial about their corners. So having large guinea pig cages means they can have a peaceful co-existence.
- Big guinea pig cages also allow the little creatures to have a separate area for their bathrooms from their food and other activities area. This also means as an owner it is easier to clean a larger cage and avoid the build-up of wastes.
- With ample area, they will be able to develop their own personalities and it will be easier for you to handle them.
Where to keep Guinea pigs in the house?
After selecting the right housing for your little furry friends you have to decide where in your home you want to keep them.
It is important to consider this aspect because these are sensitive little animals.
Hence take into consideration these factors while determining the area where you will put their cages.
- The best temperature for housing a guinea pig is between 65-75 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Do not place them in an area that gets heated up like near heating vents, stoves, direct sun or fireplaces. Since they cannot sweat and would become too warm they are likely to die from heatstroke.
- Also, do not place them in a room that is too cold or chilly locations. Ideally, keep them on an elevated surface and away from windows and doors.
Additionally, they the hay and the bedding is prone to have mold growths and them getting sick from it if they are kept in damp and humid conditions.
- They not only like the company of other guinea pigs but also thrive from the attention you give them. So keep them in an area where they can easily see and hear you. A family room works best for them.
- But also have a place where you can keep them in case the family room becomes too noisy.
- Guinea pigs are sensitive animals and get frightened easily with loud noises, so never keep them near a TV, stereo or an area where there are loud noises.
For sanitary reasons never keep them in the kitchen or eating areas.
After taking all these into consideration to go ahead and pick a roomy guinea pig house for your little friend or friends.
Our Customer Picks: 5 Top-Rated Best Guinea Pig Cages Reviews
Here is a list of 30 guinea pig cages that are available at affordable prices.
Best Guinea Pig Cages 2020
List of Midwest Guinea Pig Cages
MidWest Homes for Pets Ferret Nation | Double Story Deluxe Ferret Nation Playpen
It is one of the best kinds of habitat you can give your pet. It is a cage designed by the Midwest homes and can be used as a habitat for a large variety of pet animals.
- Has a double unit cage along with the stand.
- It has two pans, three ramps, and two shelves along with ramp covers.
- The Full-width double doors are available.
- Made of strong and durable material.
- Dimensions are 36” L*25’’ W*62.5’’H.
“Guinea Habitat” Guinea Pig Cage & Accessories by MidWest
MidWest Homes for Pets developed this product after careful research into the lifestyle of guinea pigs.
Every aspect of this indoor guinea pig cage has been designed meticulously so that the guinea pigs can stay healthy and happy in this cage.
It provides ample area for the pig to move around and exercise.
- Dimension: 47x24x14 inches.
- Space: 8 square feet.
- 14 inch high sides secure the pets.
- Material: PVC-lined canvas on the bottom to protect the sensitive feet of the animal.
- Durable, leak-proof and washable.
- Modular design so it can be expanded and configured differently.
- Doors are lock-in-place that also acts as a passage between habitats.
- Good size and easy to clean.
- It can be moved but with care.
- The only drawback is heating it.
- Easy to set up.
- It can be expanded easily.
- The bottom tends to curl up and is not sturdy enough.
- Perfect for a single cavy.
“Guinea Habitat” Guinea Pig Cage & Accessories by MidWest
This product is an accessory for the guinea pig cage habitat made by MidWest.
It is the top panel that can be used for the Guinea Habitat model 171GH and Guinea Habitat “Plus” model 171GHP.
The panel is perfect to prevent the cavy from jumping outside the cage.
- Dimensions: 47.5 x 28.8 x 0.8 inches.
- A top panel that can be added to Guinea Pig Habitat models 171GH and 171GHP.
- Material: Powder-coated metal.
- Color: White.
- Warranty: 1 year for the manufacturer.
- Has a hinged opening for easy access.
- Ensures secure barrier.
- Good ventilation.
- Allow the pets to move around freely as it has lots of space.
- Enough space for two guinea pigs.
- Cleaning is easy as one can close off one side with the divider and clean the area.
- The only concern is heating the habitat but with a space heater, it will be fine.
Midwest Deluxe Single Story Critter Nation for Guinea
This cage can be used as outside guinea pig cage as it is quite sturdy and enclosure. It has wheel casters so the cage can be easily moved around. The cage also has quite a few accessories that can be fun for your little piggies.
- Dimensions: 36 x 25 x 38.5 inches.
- Accessories: One pan, adjustable shelf, covered ramp, stand with 4 lockable wheel casters.
- It comes with a double door.
- Easy to clean removable shelf.
- Leak-proof pan to prevent dangerous falls.
- Secured wire spacing of 0.6 inches square vertical and ½ inches horizontal.
- Easy to assemble, no tools required.
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Midwest Deluxe Two-Story Critter Nation
This is a cage for small animals. It is designed by the MidWest homes. It can act as a home for the different variety of animals like the Ferrets, rats, Dagus, Chinchillas, etc.
This cage has a very large area for the pets to play because of its double unit Critter.
Every critter, on the other hand, has both two ramps and ramp covers.
- The dimension is 36*24*63 inches or 111.8 pounds.
- The shipping weight is 143 pounds.
- They have locking casters.
- The ½’’ horizontal wire spacing gives full-fledged security benefits.
- Ramp covers are provided for the protection of pet’s feet.
- They have double doors of full width.
- Well constructed cage.
- Assembling the cage is very easy.
- They have shallow flooring trays.
- This acts as a major design flaw.
- The cage can be accessorized in many fun ways.
- These different height adjustments make it easier.
- The cage is sturdy and easy to clean.
List of Best Outdoor & Indoor Guinea Pig Cages
Petsfit Small Animal Hutch, Guinea pig Hutch Wood for Indoor Use
This is an ideal cage that can house your cavy and can be placed both indoor and outdoor. The materials used for the cage are pets.
The size is good too so that it can be used as a guinea pig cage for 2.
It can be set-up with a few easy steps and comes with Amazon warranty and replacement policy.
- Dimensions: 32.2L x 19.6 W x 33.8 H inches
- Color: Grey
- Material: Run is Iron wire, a frame is of cedarwood.
- Colour is water-based hence safe for the guinea pigs
- Grey and white trim.
- Any damages caused during shipping will be replaced
- 30 days return policy.
- It comes with a loft which is a good place for the cavy.
- The floor is of thin metal sheet that can be slid in and out hence easy to clean.
- Casters can be added for rolling it around.
- It is a good place for guinea pigs to live in with ample area for them to play.
- Quite functional and by adding outdoor varnish it can be made waterproof.
- With sides open, the litter gets thrown out of the cage by the pet.
Tespo Pet Playpen, Small Animal Cage Indoor Portable Metal Wire Yard Fence for Small Animals, Guinea Pigs
Ideal indoor guinea pig cage for your little pets that can be set up for
- Dimensions: 42.1 x 42.1 x 14.6 inches.
- Material: 12 Frosted White Metal Panels.
- Color: Black.
- 26 x ABS Connectors.
- 30 cable Ties that reinforce the structure and helps in building the doors and the ramps.
- 12 Anti-slip Mat.
- 1 wooden hammer.
- 1 instruction manual.
- Gives ample space to the piggies.
- It is quite sturdy.
- It can be set up anywhere indoors.
- With frosted panels, the airflow is limited on the top which can be remedied by cutting windows.
- Easy to clean.
- The transparent walls and floor can blend into any part of the house.
- This only issue is without the zip ties the structure cannot stay upright.
- The panels on the corner connectors need to well adjust so that it can be easily inserted and removed.
Tespo Pet Playpen, Animal Cage Indoor Portable Metal Wire Yard Fence for Animals Kennel Crate Fence Tent
This is an extra-large guinea pig cages indoor that can be easily set up in the outdoors. It is easy to assemble and with the cable ties and metal wire grids the cage can be customized into a low wide exercise pen or a two-story villa for your guinea pigs.
- 36 metal panels with 14 x14 inches.
- 100 cable ties.
- 40 ABS connectors.
- 12 anti-slip mats.
- Cable ties to reinforce the structure, allow you to build ramps and doors.
- Anti-slip pieces stop the connectors from slipping on the floor.
- Easy to assemble.
- Easy to build.
- The panels can be installed as shelves.
- It can be built as a single or a double story cage with the ramp. Other accessories for the pigs can be added too.
- It is difficult to connect the connectors.
- The pieces are not sturdy enough hence bends easily.
JYYG Pet Playpen, Small Animal Cage Indoor Portable Metal Wire Yard Fence for Guinea Pigs
This is the perfect cage to keep the guinea pigs safe while giving them ample space to run around and have their exercise. It can be customized and expanded as per your layout.
- Dimension: 14 x 14 inches panel.
- Quick to assemble with slotted multi-angle connectors.
- It is a DIY crate so you can customize it the way you want it.
- The materials are durable and washable, sturdy and environment-friendly.
- Easy to assemble.
- Other panels can be easily added thereby making it bigger.
- Gives enough space for the guinea pigs to play around.
- It can be converted into any shape and form.
- It is difficult to stack them vertically.
- Gives enough space for guinea pigs to play around.
- Easy to clean.
Aivituvin Indoor or Outdoor – Wood Cage for Guinea Pig with Run, Chicken Coop with Removable Tray,2 Storey
This company is dedicated to designing pet products for ages.
They create an extremely comfortable and durable pet house.
These pet houses are also very aesthetic and pleasing in nature and can be accessorized intelligently.
- The dimension of the product is 61.4*22.8*26.8 inches.
- There are different sizes available.
- Have 2 doors which can be opened easily.
- The screw holes are properly aligned and good customer service is provided.
- The cage has a nesting box that provides a secure space.
- They have an asphalt ramp which acts as a running area.
- They have access doors where the rabbit can play and relax.
- It can be assembled very easily.
- It cannot put outside as it is not very sturdy.
- They are very expensive compared to the quality and are not designed well.
- It can be cleaned easily.
This is an extremely good playpen having a good value in the market. Your pet is sure to fall in love with this home. This is a travel-friendly bag and has a zippered door. They keep your pet’s safety in mind.
- Dimension is 10.4*7.9*2.8.
- Secure tent.
- Large and spacious having a removable zipper.
- The bottom is waterproof.
- Has 8-panel designs that are protected and reinforced.
- Ought an easy pop-up.
- Different colors were available.
- It has an internal strong steel frame.
JYYG Pet Playpen, Small Animal Cage Indoor Portable Metal Wire Yard Fence for Guinea Pigs, Kennel Crate Fence Tent, Black
This company is solely dedicated to design quality products. Careful inspection is done before selling them. We are sure you will not be disappointed.
- Spacious and can be assembled easily.
- Have plastic buckles and barbed wires for safety purposes.
- Has customizable and expandable design.
- Very sturdy and ideally used for small pets.
Prevue Pet Small Animal Home Stand
This is easy to set up a guinea pig cage that gives ample space for the little creature to play around. It is also easy to clean and move around a cage that can be placed both indoor and outdoor.
- Dimension: 33.5 x 20.5 x 33 inches.
- Material: Heavy-duty steel stand with plastic base.
- For the mess to be contained the pan is 6.5 inches deep.
- It has a ramp and a platform.
- Easy to clean.
- Have casters so can be moved around easily.
- Two large doors, one on the side and another on the top to give easy access to your pet.
- The cage is 33 inches high and quite roomy.
- Easy to assemble and clean.
- The bottom tray slides out easily for cleaning.
- This cage is sturdy.
- It can be moved around easily from one place to the other without disturbing the guinea pig.
- The direction for assembling can be improved with the parts labeled.
- This litter at times leak from the cage.
DIY Guinea Pig Cage
LANGXUN DIY Small Animal Cage for Guinea Pigs, Portable Metal Wire Yard Fence (Black, 16 Panels)
It is an extra-large guinea pig cage indoor that can be put outside too, which is easy to set-up.
The cage can be customized and is a good size for the little furry animals to play around.
- Dimensions: Panel 13.8 x 13.8 inches.
- Materials: Steel wired panels and ABS connectors.
- Customize the space.
- Easy to assemble DIY.
- 16 Wire panels, 26 Plastic corners.
- With more than 2 or more sets it can be customized.
- The wired panels are small enough so the guinea pigs cannot escape.
- The panels are sturdy.
- The corner brackets are easy to secure.
- A great product that has enough space for the guinea pigs to run around.
- Easy to install and uninstall the product.
- It is easy to clean.
- Some products are faulty with bigger holes for the piggies to put their heads out.
Guinea pigs might not live as long as cats or dogs but they still do require a large commitment from your end.
Despite being small little furry balls as mentioned earlier guinea pigs live happiest with other guinea pigs being social animals and require decent floor space to move around.
So when you are considering keeping guinea pigs as pets do bear in mind the above points about the animal and its habitat. Provide them a home, which has ample space for them to move around and enjoy their life in your company.
You have the option of choosing one of the large cages from the above list. They are not very expensive and easily available in Amazon.com.
Large, X-Large Guinea Pig Habitat Reviews
Kaytee Large Guinea Pig Habitat with Stand
This is a large cage for the Guinea pig. It has a good enough space for the guinea pigs to play around. It can be also used to store other kinds of small animals.
- The Dimensions of 30.25’’*18’’*20.25’’.
- Round corners for hassle-free cleanliness.
- Has one safety ramp, food dish and comfort shelf.
- It is very long lasting in nature.
- Your guinea pet will be comfortable and safe here.
- Cleaning is easy.
- The parts can be easily replaced.
- The pets can move around because it is spacious in nature.
- The packaging of the box was done properly.
- The wheel in the cage makes movement easy.
AmazonBasics Large Pet Habitat
Now you can keep your furry pet very comfortable and safe inside this pet-friendly cage.
This cage has a rectangular shape and is very durable in nature.
The upper part of the cage has an iron wireframe.
There are different sizes of the cage to choose from, namely the standard, large and jumbo size.
One must note that the largest cage can also work for ferrets.
Rabbits, guinea pigs, and chinchillas can be easily kept here.
It is known to have one year warranty because it features in the AmazonBasics.
- Upper frame made of iron wire.
- Plastic base.
- It has both top and front opening.
- Habitat has a dimension of 42.1 by 24.2 by 19.7 inches.
- It Has a balcony placed underneath for privacy purposes
- Assembling is simple.
- It has a warranty for one year.
- It has a balcony having a food dish and also an access ramp.
- Also, have a bottle that will not drip and a hay guard.
- It has a large front and the top opening which allows easy access.
- People love the hard bottom.
- Assembling of the cage can be done in no time.
- A reasonable amount of space for the furry animals to run around.
- Hay feeder is not at all messy.
- The ramp is a little slippery in nature.
Living World Deluxe X-Large Habitat
This animal cage has most things required for a comfortable and safe housing facility. It is a kind of hybrid cage and is ventilated very well. The style is very elegant and has a red top and also white wire slides.
- It has an upper wire frame and a plastic base.
- It is very safe and well ventilated.
- Sizes available in X-large size.
- Dimensions are 46-8/9-inch length by 22-4/5 inch width and by 240inch height.
- Very easy to assemble.
- It is very durable.
- The pets cannot escape easily from the doors.
- It can be cleaned easily.
- Big space is available.
Best Multi-Level Guinea Pig Habitats
Kaytee My First Home Multi-Level Habitat for Exotics, 30.5” x 18” x 30”
This is one of the best cage ones can buy for their pets like degus, rats, chinchillas, sugar gliders, etc.
These cages can be arranged together in no time.
The cage has a deep base that prevents the bedding and prevents anything from a litter.
This cage also has many levels that allow for healthy living.
They also have shelves made of plastic and can be cleaned very easily.
- Dimensions of the product are 30.5*8.5*18.5 inches.
- Item weight is 16 pounds.
- The shipping weight is 17.55 pounds.
- the manufacturers Kaytee.
- It can be shipping in Uthe S.
- Chew proof locks are provided and wired.
- Has ½’’ wire spacing.
- A deep base prevents a mess.
Kaytee Multi-Level Habitat w/Removable Casters, 24″ x 24″ x 41.5″
This is a deluxe home for the cage having a multi-level space for living.
It has good quality construction and has a chew-proof coating and is resistant to plastic parts.
You will definitely make a good purchase by buying this.
- Dimensions are 24*24*41.5 inches or 10 pounds.
- The shipping weight is 19.6 pounds.
- Available in different colors.
- Has safety ramps, hammock, spiral slide.
- Also, have 3 shelves for comfort.
- It can be cleaned very easily.
- Parts can be removed and replaced.
Other Best Guinea Pig Houses we Review
Kaytee Complete Guinea Pig Kit
This is a cozy cage at an affordable price that can be a good house for your guinea pig. It is easy to assemble that does not require any tools and can be cleaned easily.
- Dimensions: 30 x 18 x 16.5 inches.
- Color: Blue.
- Material: Plastic base with wire sides.
- Includes water bottle, food dish, cozy and clean bedding, and Kaytee Fiesta guinea pig food sample.
- The latches are chew proof.
- Easy to assemble.
- A base can be removed easily for cleaning.
- The cage can be used as a first time temporary cage.
- The bedding is made f paper, which is quite good and comfortable for the piggy.
- The cleaning of the cage can be done easily.
- It is alright for keeping one cavy but not more than that as it will be crowded.
AmazonBasics Pet Habitat
One of the best highly customer satisfied product, you never regret what you spent on the product, and no knowledge required for installation.
Moreover, fun accessories have included with the cage to have fun for your cavy.
- This habitat is perfectly suitable for your guinea pigs.
- Playing fun accessories included within the cage.
- Have multiple doors for easy access.
- Easily you can assemble, no knowledge required.
- Made of plastic and iron wire.
- Give maximum comfort to your beloved ones.
- All the sections of the roof are quite steady.
- Installation and un-installation are very easy and simple.
- Assembling them is very easy.
- A great product that has enough space for the guinea pigs to run around.
Ferplast Pig Cage, Grey
It is one of the most useful cages for your pig. It is grey in color.
This cage has a base made of plastic and is wired. The closing system provides a safe structure for your pet.
The cage has interesting features like a bottle to drink which is attached to the cage.
There is also a hay feeder. Overall the cage is extremely comfortable to sleep in.
Make sure you choose the right size for your pet.
- The dimensions are 30.3*18.9*16.5.
- The shipping weight is 8.4 pounds.
- It has a Plastic bottom.
- It is structured with wires.
- Removable base and hence cleaning is easy.
- Setting up the cage is very easy.
- The neutral color looks very attractive in any house.
- Light in weight yet it is very spacious.
- The cage can be also opened from the top.
Prevue Pet Products 528 Universal Small Animal Home
This pet cage is very sturdy in nature. It has a shipping weight of 16.1 pounds and the product has a dimension of 32.5*19*17.5 inches.
- It is grey in color.
- Different types of small furry animals can be kept here.
- It has tight wire spacing which is 3/8’’ in a measure.
- It has ample room for the furry pets to do some exercise because of its tubby base.
- It has 2 entry doors on top and the side, which are very large.
Standard Living World Deluxe Habitat
This cage is available in three different sizes to suit your pet.
You can create a home for your small birds and other small pets.
They are committed to developing a comfortable space for your pets and also look for safe housing habits.
This cage is most suitable for the chinchillas and the guinea pigs. This is a kind of hybrid cage which has a wired frame and the bottom is made of plastic.
The cage is ventilated well for comfort and the cage has an elegant design.
- The dimension of the product is 30.5*18.8*19.7 inches.
- A balcony is provided.
- It also has an access ramp.
- There is a tip-proof dish for food and a drip-proof water bottle.
- A hay guard is also provided.
- Assembling can be done in no time.
- The pricing is the cage is done very reasonably.
- Little hard to clean the cage.
- Long-lasting and durable.
- It has a big space.
Prevue Hendryx Black Cage with Stand
This cage is extremely spacious. The cage is very entertaining for your furry friend. The cage has everything your pet will require. This purchase will not disappoint you.
- It is 31 inches in length, 20 inches in width and 54 inches in height.
- Has 7/8 wire spacing.
- the cage has a small shelf that can fit different toys.
- Has 3 ramps of plastic and 2 plastic platforms.
- 1 hammock and a grill are also present.
Kaytee My First Home Habitat for Small Animals
This is an ideal starter cage that can be used for your pets. It can be assembled very easily and is worth a buy.
- Dimensions are 30*19.5*18 INCHES AND 1 POUND.
- The shipping weight is 8.6 pounds.
- Chew proof wire and latches give a secure home.
- Nicely ventilated and deep plastic base and white wire top.
- Little critter but enough space available.
- Meets the minimum required size.
- Dislike the absence if an opening at the top.
- Designed to provide a secure home.
- Bar spacing is not perfect for long term usage.
Ware Manufacturing Home Sweet Home Pet Cage for Small Animals
This is an extremely cute home for pet animals. They are available in varied colors.
- Dimensions are 28*17*15.5 inches.
- Shipping weight is 8 pounds.
- The large front opening door allows easy access.
- Cleaning is simple.
- Resistant to stain and odor.
- Has a wire which is chew proof and made of plastic.
You can make a home for your pet with any of these cages, and let us know your thoughts on it, and share the article on social media.
Last update on 2021-10-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API