If you choose to keep any kind of pet, you should be ready for a fulltime responsibility.
Like other small pets, guinea pigs are sociable animals that can thrive well if you grant them adequate attention.
Apart from feeding the pets sufficiently, you equally need to make the small animals’ habitat to be worth living.
Whether you choose to confine or let your rodents roam, you’ll need some proper beddings for the small animals.
- 1 Why should I give my guinea pigs beddings?
- 2 Types of Guinea Pig Beddings
- 3 Why do pet owners prefer fleece beddings to other beddings?
- 4 Factors to consider before buying a guinea pig fleece bedding
- 6 Best Guinea Pig Bedding Review for 2020
- 6.1 Guinea Pig Fleece Cage Liner
- 6.2 MYIDEA Warm Guinea Pig Bed
- 6.3 Bed Spread Guinea Pig Fleece Bedding
- 6.4 Courtney Handmade Guinea Pig Fleece Bedding
- 6.5 Guinea Dad Fleece Liner
- 6.6 FLAdorepet Small Guinea Pig Bed
- 6.7 Piggy Fleece Cage Liner for Guinea Pig Bedding
- 6.8 Animal Bedding for Guinea Pig
- 6.9 Super Absorbent Disposable Cage Liners
- 6.10 KOOLTAIL Washable Pee Pad
- 6.11 Carefresh Small Pet Bedding
- 6.12 Warm Fleece Beddings for Guinea Pig
- 6.13 EZwhelp Machine Washable Reusable Pee Pad
- 6.14 PanDaDa Pet Warm Fleece Guinea Pig
- 6.15 Kaytee Clean & Cozy White Small Animal Bedding
- 6.16 PETMAKER Waterproof Pet Blanket
- 6.17 Furry Baby Premium Fluffy Fleece Blankets
- 6.18 Eagmak Fleece Blankets
- 6.19 Luciphia Soft Fluffy Fleece Pet Blankets
- 6.20 Careoutfit Pack of 4 Reusable/Washable Pads
- 6.21 Guinea Pig Fleece Cage Liner
- 6.22 BWOGUE Hamster Bed
- 6.23 Niteangel Guinea Pig Cave Bed
- 6.24 RYPET Guinea Pig Bed
- 6.25 Pet Craft Supply Simple Sleeper Self Warming Bed
- 7 FAQs on Guinea Pig Fleece Bedding
- 8 Final Word
Why should I give my guinea pigs beddings?
Before we confine our topic to guinea pig fleece beddings, it’s essential to establish the reasons why our rodents should have beddings of any kind.
Here are some purposes that beddings serve to our adoring rodents;
- Absorbs the pets’ waste.
- Enhances comfort.
- Encourages guinea pigs to nest.
- Improves the general attractiveness of guinea pigs’ habitat.
- It makes the task of cleaning the habitat easy.
- This helps in neutralizing the odor.
Types of Guinea Pig Beddings
Before laying more emphasis on guinea pig fleece beddings, let’s know other types of beddings that guinea pig parents use to accord their pet’s meaningful lives.
Here are types of guinea pig beddings that are commonly in use;
- Pine shaving beddings.
- Paper beddings.
- Aspen beddings.
- Fleece beddings.
Why do pet owners prefer fleece beddings to other beddings?
The increased use of guinea pig fleece beddings shouldn’t surprise you at all. Pet parents are quickly learning that their rodents are well of with quality fleece beddings.
Here are the reasons why guinea pig fleece beddings are on demand;
- They offer more comfort than other beddings.
- Fashionable and make our pets more admirable.
- They encourage guinea pigs’ natural instincts such as burrowing and nesting.
- Instill more responsibility for pet owners since they are cleaned more often.
- They help to lower the offensive odor.
- Work well for other small rodents.
Factors to consider before buying a guinea pig fleece bedding
The sleek appearance of bedding in a friend’s house may make you think that making a decision on the ideal floor covering for your pet is easy.
It requires various considerations to come up with a guinea pig fleece bedding that satisfies all your pet’s needs.
Here are the things you need to consider;
We had already established that guinea pig fleece beddings are preferred because of the comfort they accord our small animals.
It’s, therefore necessary to buy beddings whose materials cannot irritate your pets.
Cotton fabric is always the best material to enhance comfort.
- When you keep guinea pigs or any other pets, you’ll realize that you continually need funds to sort out various issues.
- It’s therefore essential not to spend a big chunk of money for a single accessory.
- Only buy what you can afford provided that it adds value to the life of your rodent.
The number of rodents you keep will dictate how large or small the guinea pig fleece bedding should be. Besides, if you are keeping pets that freely roam, you would require larger bedding than a pet parent who cages his/her rodents.
- It remains one of the key characteristics that any pet’s bedding should fulfill.
- The guinea pig fleece bedding should have the ability to absorb liquid waste well to make the disposal easier.
- However, I’ve to point out that fleece beddings are the worst floor covering when it comes to absorbing solid wastes.
- Here’s another area that guinea pig fleece beddings score higher than other types of any other floor coverings.
- When you buy fleece beddings, you’re guaranteed to use it for some period.
- The only thing you need to consider is the extent of reusing it.
The thicker the guinea pig fleece bedding, the higher the chances that it can absorb more waste.
However, the thickness will give enough headaches when cleaning the beddings.
How often do you clean?
I’ll have to be candid with you that if you fear laundry work, you shouldn’t think of acquiring this kind of bedding.
Guinea pig fleece beddings would require you to clean them at least once in a day.
Best Guinea Pig Bedding Review for 2020
After abusing guinea pigs for a considerable period as instruments of scientific tests, pet parents have come to the rescue of a greater number of these adorable creatures.
Guinea pigs are one of the pets that are quickly getting space into our homes.
There’s no doubt about how attractive these rodents appear, but only pet owners know how the task of maintaining such a look is overwhelming.
Before going too far, I must let face the truth that guinea pigs poo and pee a lot. Are you going to give them up because of that natural reason?
Since guinea pigs are one of the social pets around, we must just keep them around despite this natural weakness.
If you have plans of potty training your guinea pig, you better give it up because it will be a futile mission.
Clearing the messes of guinea pigs isn’t an easy task but with these guinea pig beds we have reviewed here, your role has been reduced.
There’s no guarantee that you can do away with the stinking environment but guinea pig bedding will surely help you to limit the extent of the stench.
Guinea Pig Fleece Cage Liner
Small Pets & Company has built a favorable reputation when it comes to various pet accessories.
The manufacturer is still keen on making the experience with your little pet positive.
Firstly, the guinea pig fleece bedding is a product of top-quality fabric.
The company also listened to its customers who have repeatedly asked for beddings that are larger than the cage.
The action makes it possible for the bedding to continue fitting into the cage even after shrinking. Besides, the large bedding ensures that messes that can cause injuries to your pet are sealed.
- A top quality product since it is made in the USA.
- It comes in three distinct sizes making it easy to suit any cage.
- It’s a machine wash thus making its use convenient.
- Attractive decoration to make your pet cage desirable.
- It’s soft thus promising comfort to the small animal.
- Affordable price for a quality product.
MYIDEA Warm Guinea Pig Bed
Nothing excites pet owners more than seeing their pets exhibiting their instinct.
Once your pleasant rodent got used to the new comfortable home, you won’t stop loving how the little creature can perfect the art of burrowing.
Forget about the tiger-design, it won’t scare your pet aware. Instead, the pet will be happier wearing the costumes that make it appear like a tiger.
The softness and comfort are the best reason why you won’t find it easy separating the rodent and the cozy guinea pig bedding.
Bed Spread Guinea Pig Fleece Bedding
As we had already discussed, a great guinea pig fleece bedding should be the one that both absorbs your pet’s waste and at the same time gives you ease when washing. Apart from the said features, price is another thing that should remain affordable.
With this guinea pig fleece bedding, Pig BedSpread manufacturer has succeeded in granting pet owners an accessory that’s easy to use at a pocket-friendly value.
While the main purpose of these fleece beddings is to help maintain a high level of hygiene in the cage, we cannot run from the fact that it makes your pet’s habitat attractive.
- It can be reused severally hence helping you to save even more.
- The two sides have different designs.
- It makes it easy to clean your pet’s solid waste at least once a day.
- It absorbs the urine to leave your pet comfortable after the natural call.
- A massive replacement to the tedious and expensive non-reusable traditional beddings.
Courtney Handmade Guinea Pig Fleece Bedding
It appears that Courtney manufacturer has resolved to be one of the main players when it comes to pet products.
The reputation is coming due to quality products that the company features. Besides, Courtney recognizes the fact that customers have varied needs, so it features products that give pet parents options of selections.
- It has three layers for maximum absorption.
- It’s made of highly absorbent denim material.
- It provides easy laundry as you can wash using either cold or warm water.
- Pet parents are free to make customized orders.
- The high rating by users.
- Wonderful designs that make them attractive.
- It comes with directives regarding the cleaning procedure.
Guinea Dad Fleece Liner
Here’s something for pet parents who find themselves busy and can only find time later in the day to look after their pets.
Nobody hates things that make work easy, so it’s going to be easy to fall in love with this pet accessory.
Even if we have to modernize our pet accessories, here’s a pet bedding that has maintained its beauty even with the massive natural inclusion.
The fleece bedding is a sure sign that a pet parent honors comfort and fashion for his/her lovely small animal.
FLAdorepet Small Guinea Pig Bed
Everything is nice about this guinea pig fleece bedding except failure to select the right size.
It’s, therefore, necessary to take your time and choose the bedding for your pet based on your pet size and the size of the cage.
Nothing excites a pet parent like choosing items that his/her animals love.
It means that you won’t spend a lot of time training the pet to use it. Everything will work by default hence making your work easier.
Piggy Fleece Cage Liner for Guinea Pig Bedding
If the comfort of your pet is one thing you care about then here’s a perfect fleece bedding for your guinea pig.
It’s actually tailor-made to suit a specific cage but that cannot stop you from folding it to match the cage you have at your place. Besides, there are three distinct sizes that will surely match the sizes.
Animal Bedding for Guinea Pig
Managing our pets’ wastes is one thing and muffling any offensive smell that can come from beddings.
If you’re keen on finding the softest guinea pig fleece beddings that will ensure the comfort of your pet, then this is a pet product that you should give priority.
The cost of this guinea pig fleece bed should be least in your concern since the price accommodates every pet parent’s ability.
I know you fancy granting your pet a product that is both natural and cozy.
- It is made to fight the offensive smell naturally.
- The comfort of your pet is guaranteed.
- Ideal for several other small pets.
- Environment friendly.
- It is affordable.
- It secures your pet from dangerous pets.
Super Absorbent Disposable Cage Liners
Finally, we have something for pet owners who find it difficult to do laundry for their pets’ beddings.
I wouldn’t like to refer these pet parents as lazy, but as individuals who want light duties.
Upon purchasing these beddings, you’ll find up to 30 sheets that are enough to run your lovely animals for at least a fortnight.
Remember, the beddings are disposable so your work will be limited but the comfort of your pet will be enhanced.
KOOLTAIL Washable Pee Pad
This is a fleece bedding that has gained fame among dog owners, but it equally works well with guinea pigs.
The task you have is to maintain the comfort of your lovely small animals and at the same time ensuring that the entire habitat is free from odor.
The best part of these beddings is that you can reuse them after cleaning.
I know the part of cleaning is what non-laundry enthusiasts don’t like, but in this case, a washing machine can perform the role.
Carefresh Small Pet Bedding
This one is not only for guinea pig keepers, but all pet parents with small animals such as rabbits and gerbils.
The purpose of these guinea pig fleece beddings is to bring comfort to the pet as well as helping to improve the general smell of the pet’s habitat.
Why go for it?
- It helps to regulate the odor for a period of ten days.
- Soft thus making your pet comfortable.
- It’s designed for various small animals.
- Easy to clean.
- It’s more absorbent than the traditional shaving beddings.
- More natural hence eco-friendly.
- It comes in four distinct packages to match various guinea pig owner’s needs.
Warm Fleece Beddings for Guinea Pig
It’s another product from MOWOWMEOW that’s designed to promote the comfort of small animals.
Though it appears more like a hammock, it’s the venue where your guinea pig will no doubt spend most of its time.
The fact that the guinea pig fleece bedding is hanged makes it easy for the pet to come off when pressed with a natural call.
The comfort is the main story that this product teaches best.
EZwhelp Machine Washable Reusable Pee Pad
Here’s another product for small animals whose fame keeps on rising. Many people will tell you that it’s perfect for dogs just because dogs are the commonest pets around.
However, the guinea pig fleece bedding is what you need to handle your rodents together with its wastes.
The multiple ratings for this fleece bed couldn’t have come if it wasn’t that great. It’s one simple and easy to use guinea pig bedding that should find space in your small animal’s cage.
PanDaDa Pet Warm Fleece Guinea Pig
Some people think that some of these pet products are too good for animals, but I still insist that our pets deserve the best from us.
The look of this guinea pig fleece bedding alone may make you think that it’s a human hat for winter.
The truth is that this bedding is meant to keep your pet warm in cold winters.
This material in use ensures that the pet stays in both warm and soft place. Besides, you have the freedom to select the colors that your pet likes most.
Kaytee Clean & Cozy White Small Animal Bedding
The absorption of the pet’s urine is one of the main concerns for many pet owners.
The ideal fleece bed for a pet should have the ability to absorb and retain the pet’s liquid waste without releasing an odor.
Kaytee is one company that has shown a lot of passion when it comes to the plight of pets.
They’re not failing the special animals once again as they feature this product meant to make your pet feel comfortable and at the same time make your work easier.
PETMAKER Waterproof Pet Blanket
When your pet isn’t in its cage, it’s with you socializing and bonding with the owner.
Being a social pet, children also like spending time with guinea pigs, but you wouldn’t like to see a situation where an animal mess in your sitting sections and your own beddings.
Here’s the product that will keep your sofa, bed, and car-free from your pet’s waste.
All you have to do is to spread it where your pet wants to lie and the innocent animal will be free to play.
I’m a big fan of fluffy carpets and I see my pets loving such surfaces too.
Furrybaby Company has made it easy to make for your small pet a fluffy fleece bedding.
The comfort is high and the sizes exist for various small pets including guinea pigs.
Eagmak Fleece Blankets
If you look at them, you’ll notice that they have paw prints of a dog, but that does not mean that they are only meant for dogs.
They are the blankets that have played a pivotal role in ensuring that various small pets stay warm.
The special fleece beddings come with even more benefits.
Luciphia Soft Fluffy Fleece Pet Blankets
Here’s another product whose benefits encompass nearly every small animal we keep as pets.
It’s almost a guarantee that your pet will find its match in the numerous packages that the manufacturer features.
Also, colors and great designs are other things that the manufacturer seemed to have placed a lot of emphasis on. But the most essential area that the guinea pig fleece beddings have remedied, is the comfort of the pet.
Careoutfit Pack of 4 Reusable/Washable Pads
We do not only keep our pets at home but sometimes we move from place to place with these amazing animals.
To make our journeys headache-free, we should be armed with reusable guinea pig fleece beddings.
It’s equally necessary to buy products that feature guinea pig fleece bedding instructions to enable you to take care of your rodents in the best way.
The quality of materials in use is amazing thus helping your pet to achieve a high level of comfort.
Guinea Pig Fleece Cage Liner
Here’s another perfect guinea pig fleece cage liner bedding that should find a space in your favorite animal’s habitat.
The guinea pig fleece bed seems to be the perfect replacement for the traditional dust shaving beddings.
The three liners make it easy to absorb your rodent’s urine. Another amazing thing is that the denim in each of the three layers is 100% recyclable material.
Being a handmade product, you can only expect the best performance in all aspects.
BWOGUE Hamster Bed
As the popular English goes; what’s good for the goose is equally good for the gander.
The name might be bearing hamster’s name but it succinctly works for guinea pigs too.
It’s one spot where you’ll realize that your pet is spending most of its time.
As you know that guinea pigs and other rodents are enthusiasts about nesting and burrowing, the structure gives them the room to pursue such instincts.
Niteangel Guinea Pig Cave Bed
For the people who want to see the name of guinea pig appearing before they could purchase an item for their pets, this is for you.
It makes a haven for the little rodent since it guarantees to burrow, hiding and nesting at the same time.
RYPET Guinea Pig Bed
Even though some people have accused cats in the past as massive lovers of comfort, it seems that no animal is ready to resist any form of luxury.
Forget about the stress associated with guinea pig fleece bedding cleaning because it’s a machine washable pet accessory.
The rodent won’t require your guidance to stay on the super bedding, but it will head right there by default.
The cozy guinea pig bed is almost similar to what bed pillows mean to human beings.
Pet Craft Supply Simple Sleeper Self Warming Bed
How do you fancy going to the market and buying an item that grants more than one service? Well, here is a 2-in-1 cozy guinea pig fleece bed that your pet has been waiting for.
The unique pet habitat equally makes a great spot for your pet to play.
FAQs on Guinea Pig Fleece Bedding
This is the favorite section for most of our readers as they learn new ways to take care of their lovely animals in the right way.
We still encourage you to continue sending your questions so that you can find the remedies to your issues in our next publication.
Here are a few issues that our readers have raised recently;
How often should I change my guinea pig fleece beddings?
I’ve gone through a number of piggy keepers’ forums, but I cannot stop laughing some of the recommendations some pet owners offer. Well, we are here to offer you the healthiest idea so that your pet can live both longer and jolly.
Health experts advise that you need to change guinea pig fleece beddings at least once in five days. However, you need to sweep your pet’s solid waste at least once daily.
I read somewhere where a pet parent was alleging that guinea pig fleece bedding cleaning should occur after a month. That’s isn’t right. I’m sure the reader confused the washing of the pet with the cleaning of the bedding.
How do I make guinea pig fleece bedding?
It’s a question that most pet owners who have endured using products from unscrupulous manufacturers.
However, I must advise you that the cost and the effort are more than buying an already assembled guinea pig bed.
Here are the summarized steps;
- Collect materials needed for construction. Some of them include pins, mattresses, and absorbent pads.
- Be armed with necessary tools like a sewing machine and a pair of scissors.
- Make the fleece after washing materials in warm water to disinfect them.
- The rule remains… Measure two times but only cut once.
- Be mindful of your ideal sizes.
- Gather all the cut pieces and make several layers with the absorbent section coming at the bottom of the arrangement.
- Assemble the layers together then pin them before finally sewing them.
- You have the option to modify the absorbent pad.
- You’re good to go. Good luck!
How do I use fleece as bedding to guinea pigs?
One thing you need to accept is the fact that potty training a guinea pig is almost another mission impossible exercise. However, guinea pigs are adorable small animals that you’ll always admire keeping.
The biggest challenge is the fact that these rodents pee and poo a lot. It, therefore, means that the cage is always in a mess and your nose will sense for you the extent of the stink.
The truth is that you can never expel the bad smell but you can reduce both the stink and the messes these small animals cause.
After using various kinds of beddings including wood shavings and paper beddings, we established that fleece beddings are the best when you want to keep your guinea pigs’ habitat easily clean.
Here are the steps of using guinea pig fleece beddings effectively;
- Ensure that your guinea pig fleece bed has the right absorbent layer.
- Make sure that you sweep every day at least once.
- At least conduct a thorough cleaning once a week.
- Lower the chances at which you spill the food on the floor.
- Wash using your hand or washing machine.
- Good Luck!
As you must have discovered, guinea pigs are adorable pets to keep but their stay at your home comes with equal challenges.
For the sake of guinea pigs, it’s easy to accept the proverb that goes: all that glitters is not gold.
The rodents remain attractive to the observers until they pee or poo.
The problem is that the occurrence takes place quite often. It calls for passion and dedication to keep these wonderful small animals.
The tedious activity of constantly keeping an eye on guinea pigs is nearing its end, thanks to the invention and improvements made on guinea pig fleece beddings.
It’s now possible to pay attention to other activities and only occasionally asses your pets’ situation.
Most guinea pig fleece beds are easy to clean since you only need a washing machine to complete the laundry process.
In addition, these guinea pig fleece beddings are made in such a way that promote the pets to explore their instinct.
We hope that our review and selection has made it easy for you to pick what suits your pet.
Last update on 2020-06-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API