Pitbull is a breed of dog originating from England introduced into America with a fierce appearance, sharp eyes and healthy teeth.
In the 18th century, the first Pitbull was raised by British immigrants as housekeepers.
It is a very smart breed which is trained to fight, hunt or protect the farm, so they are very obedient and loyal.
However, this dog can cause injuries to human and other animals.
Therefore, it is essential to raise them in the right way.
If you are a pitbull owner, then you may find useful information in some frequently asked questions below.
- 1 Pitbull Puppy FAQs
- 2 Are you ready for a pitbull?
Pitbull Puppy FAQs
How to train a playful pit bull to be aggressive toward strangers?
Having the dog aggressive could be a danger to other people and even you.
If you think your dog is friendly to strangers and want to keep it safe and protective, you can follow some basic training commands.
Do not allow others to treat your dog. If you think your dog will accept it, teach it the leave command.
You should also teach your dog the okay command once you let it interact or take treats from strangers.
If not, show them the stay command.
The dogs are smart enough to figure out whether these guys are good or bad so they can be watchful to strangers.
Since the original purpose of creating pitbull is to attack and fight with dogs and other animals, they naturally have strong killer skills.
Therefore, you need to teach them how to communicate and behave appropriately with people and animals right from they’re young to make them less aggressive.
Pitbull is very hyperactive and tends to plunge crowds of other dogs to play.
This action is very normal but can potentially risk pitbull attacking other dogs.
You need to train them that they are only allowed to approach the crowds when you agree.
Start by bringing them to a class or a dog-raising society; to get them in contact with other dogs.
When they see the crowd, they will pull you closer.
As soon as they pull, stop walking, drag them and order to sit down.
****Don’t forget to rub its head and give the reward if they work well.
Allow only to get closer to other pets when they are calm and follow orders.
What is a good eating schedule for a puppy with a working-not-from-home owner?
Creating a suitable eating schedule for your puppy is also a significant factor you should consider when raising it.
When they’re young, the meal schedule must consist of three meals.
The first one should be around 7 am, lunchtime at mid-noon, and the dinner is around 5 pm.
You can change the timetable to two meals a day when your dog is fourteen months old.
Therefore, even you work far from home; you can take care of your pit bull.
At every age, Pitbull dogs need different diets and energy.
Therefore, the diet of Pitbull needs to be divided into specific stages.
You may concern more about Dog Allergies FAQs and Food Recommendations
Can I start walking a pup out at six weeks? Should I use wee-wee pads?
Walking your puppies out is a right way for them to exercise and get socialized.
It also helps to build strong muscles. A 6-week-old puppy is too young to take them out.
It’s better to start from 8-week-old ones.
Using wee-wee pads (Amazon Link) for puppies bring both pros and cons.
Therefore, you consider carefully whether you use or not.
They can be convenient because you can place anywhere and easy for your puppy to pee.
If you live in a tall apartment building, it can take a lot of time to take your dog out.
However, the drawback is that your dog can make anything be the pee pad.
They may think the paper you leave on the floor as a potty spot.
So you should teach them if it’s okay to pee on similar things.
Also, puppies like to chew everything around them so you may have to clean your house regularly.
What toys to buy for pitbull pups?
When it comes to choosing toys for your pit bulls, safety and duration are two important features that you should consider.
Below are some recommended toys for you to choose from:
- Made from natural black rubber, this toy is the ideal choice for owners who are looking for products safer and more durable.
- Thanks to the hard rubber, it doesn’t cause any teeth damage in your dog.
- A must try for power chewers.
- GoughNuts comes with several colors and pattern options that can give owners plenty of choices.
- Designed by mechanical and polymer engineer, it is a virtually indestructible interactive toy that the manufacturer ensures to refund if it is chewed by a dog and any red is seen.
- West Paw Tux is a perfect combination of a chew toy, a treat holder and a fetch toy for your pit bull.
- It can float and bounce well when falling into the water.
- As a pliable and non-toxic toy, it can withstand the super aggressive chewing and easily be cleaned.
- The manufacturer guarantees the replacement for any dog damage.
- Goughnuts is confident to offer the lifetime warranty on this product for customers.
- It is designed in nine inches long and two inches in diameter which looks like a big sausage.
- Besides as a toy for aggressive chewers, it is also the toy for pit bulls to play with.
Are you ready for a pitbull?
Understanding more about pit bulls help you successfully bring up your pet.
If you have any questions or want to share other ideas about pet care, please let us know.
We hope that this article is useful to you.